PDA

View Full Version : Reiki for lupus and general healing

Morpheus
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Ive recently come across this interesting topic.
And actually considered becoming a Reiki practitioner!
Heard about the health and healing benefits and applications of Reiki.

Has anyone received a Reiki treatment before? was it beneficial?
Also has anyone done any type of reiki training?

Be really interesting to know.

mountaindreamer
11-16-2010, 05:36 PM
hi morpheus,

i tried reike several years ago, and had a bad experience. My hands get really hot, and hurt a lot. I was told that reiki could move the pain out of my hands. well, it worked temporarily, but the heat and pain went to my elbows....i think he should have moved the pain out my finger tips instead of up my arm. lol.....i never went back.....hand heat and pain came back, plus it stayed in my elbows.

rob
11-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi Morpheus,

You may want to read this article-

http://hubpages.com/hub/Basic-questions-about-Reiki

There are literally hundreds of similar articles like this one available online.
It's good to keep an open mind, but also a skeptical eye when considering
alternative or complimentary "treatments" such as this.

Rob

Morpheus
11-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Thank you for the usefull advice guys. As Im a bit of a sceptic,The article was rather informative.

brandichi
11-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I have friends who are trained in Reiki and have done Reiki for years. Occasionally, I ask them to work on me. It is not a cure, but in my case, it does help. There is a warmth that flows through me and seems to lift the worst of the pain. After Reiki, I feel much more peaceful and relaxed, and in less pain than I was before they worked on me.

That said, I don't think I would ever go to those places advertised with Reiki masters, because I don't trust people easily. I trust my friends completely, and I know how and when they were trained. For me, Reiki works as well, although in a different way, as massage. It doesn't cure the disease, but it does temporarily ease some of the symptoms.

One day I want to go through Reiki training at the hospital. It has become much more mainstream, and the hospital training is one of the few approved by my church as well as health care centers in the area. It's just a matter of having the extra money, feeling well enough to put in a full Saturday in training after working all week, and having the time to devote to practicing Reiki in between training courses.