PDA

View Full Version : I Fall at the Darndest Times!

magistramarla
11-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I was feeling great today, so I overdid it again.
I went to the commissary and spent two hours grocery shopping.
Then I drove home and unloaded the car. After putting the refrigerated stuff away, I rested and ate lunch.
I spent the next hour or so alternating between resting and putting everything away.
After dinner, I was exhausted.
I made a trip to the restroom, and just as I was standing up, my right leg spasmed and cramped from foot to thigh, pulling me down onto the floor. There I was, with my pants down around my ankles, struggling to get up, when my hubby came to help. Finally, by holding onto him and the tub, I struggled to my feet.
My legs have felt a bit sore the rest of the evening.
I can't help but laugh - it was such a funny sight, I'm sure!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
11-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Well, that's a new one. I've never fallen in there; but then I hold on to the towel rod, the sink and the tub. So sorry you fell, I know it's not fun. Watch I'll fall today just because I've talked about it

hugs and a hot bath are a good remedy
nonna

debbie-b
11-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Oh Marla,

Sorry you fell, but I am very glad you didn't hurt yourself badly.
It could have been much worse, right?
I am picturing you with your pants down, on the floor. Yeah, I would have been laughing too.
Hope you feel much better today.

Debbie

SandyR
11-12-2010, 07:33 AM
thank God you were all finished with your business!!!! ;)

tgal
11-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Thank goodness you are ok, Marla! At least we all have interesting stories because of this crazy illness

Hunniebun
11-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Man, glad you're ok!

magistramarla
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks, all
I fall so often that I don't think much about it. I'm pretty good at falling on the most padded part (LOL) and then getting up and moving on. This one was just such a silly situation that I shared.
Hugs,
Marla

Bonita
11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I am glad that you are okay. That was a way to top off a day. Bonita

magistramarla
11-12-2010, 10:37 PM
OK, so we've been watching TV this evening. Every time that I haul myself off of the couch to head for the restroom, Jeff jumps up, offers me his arm and helps me to and from the potty.
Cute, but not funny!

Nonna
11-13-2010, 04:40 AM
Oh yes it is Marla. Glad it worked out ok. The only funny fall I canthink of is when my daughter fell over the dog and broke her nose. Boots was a very big dog.

xani's mom
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Marla-
This is exactly what is so loving about you. You fall down in one of the most embarassing situations possible and then have a good laugh about it. I am glad you didn't hurt yourself to badly. Your spirit is infectious.
Hugs-Heather