PDA

View Full Version : humid weather and lupus?

Debb OZ
11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
hi everyone,
I live on the Gold Coast in Australia, and we have some pretty humid days during summer. My mum finds the humidity upsets her Lupus, but shes not so bad in the direct sunlight, I have been reading in some posts that this effects others dreadfully. Mum is considering moving from Perth to the Gold Coast but is unsure how she will go with the humidity. Does anyone else have issues with this?

kim,l
11-09-2010, 03:04 PM
yes deb i do have problems with humidity i am a fellow australian who lived in queensland for 6 years 3 in tincan bay and 3 in mackay i could not take the weather the humidity made me ill all the time and when i went out in son i felt sick and dizzy and had rashes i had to move back to nsw i am now living in sydney even the warm weather upsets me but i find it easier here recently i returned to queensland because my son was sick and was in mackay and then cairns my feet and hands swelled i had trouble with kidneys have spent last week in bed recovering but i must say as we came further towards goldcoast it affected me the least it was not so bad. maybe if your mother came over and stayed a few weeks before moving just to see how she went it might help her to decide all it takes while to get used to different climates hopes this helps wish your mother the best and everything turns out alright hugs kim l fellow oz

Debb OZ
11-09-2010, 03:39 PM
thanks Kim, she will be very interested to hear this. They are still asleep way over the other side! Yes, they are coming to stay for 3 weeks over xmas, to see how she copes, hopefully the weather will behave and give her a true indication of the level of humidity - I only registered mum to this site a couple of days ago and she has already found loads of good information, even things she did not know!

thanks again

tgal
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi Deb,

I am from the Gulf Coast area of the US and we have terrible heat and high humidity. I will tell you that summers are very hard on me. Rashes, headaches, swelling, aches and pains constantly. Although the winter is hard I will gladly take it over the hot humid Texas summer any day.