PDA

View Full Version : Jess my poodle is getting famous!!

Angel Oliver
11-04-2010, 02:06 PM
As you all know after my Daisy died i decided to foster off the RSPCA but ended up adopting Jess my poodle.
Well the case has gone to court recently as the woman who was so very cruel to many animals has just been given a life ban and a fine.
Jess has settled in and is apart of our family now.Since the court case, the BBC came and filmed Jess and interviewed me,which was nerve racking.Then she was in 2 local papers with our photo.NOW she has been given a magazine deal woohoo!! Not sure which one yet,but will let you know when i find out.
Im so glad she is getting famous and all the attention she so deserves it. I have the footage of Jess and all the other animals if you want to see it,but i wont post it as its too distressful.But on the upside,all the dogs and cats and rabbits have all new homes now,except for about 8 i think who didnt make it. So the magazine she will be in is on behalf of all the rescued animals to show.....there is happier and loving life after cruelty.Many are so happy now thanks to the RSPCA and all the rescuers.
Im so glad i have her she s so cute n loving n always by my side now.
Thought id share some happier news.
The bbc are sending me the disc of our interview and when i get the magazine pics i'll post em.I have a photo now from the local paper if anyone wants to see.

love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxx

Bonita
11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
So glad that some happiness has been sent your way. And a famous dog to boot. I am so glad that you rescued him from a life of sadness. Love Bonita

magistramarla
11-04-2010, 09:22 PM
You truly are an Angel, sweetie.
It's always good news to hear about sweet innocent little animals that have been saved from abuse. Animals always seem to know when you have saved their lives, and they show their gratitude in so many sweet ways.
I hope that you and "famous Jess" have many wonderful years together.
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
11-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Bless you girl! You've made me cry again; you're always doing such wonderful things. I'm also glad that you have some good things happening in your life.

SandyR
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
wow! what great news! literally. lol. I would love to see the links. Can you PM them to me? You know from my FB page I am pretty passionate about dog rescue and I love, Love, LOVE this story!!!!

Angel Oliver
11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Ahhhh thanks so much to you for reading this post.Jess has started hiding food again,but its a natrual thing as she heard her friends crying on the news report and i think its triggered a few memories.But we are showing her daily how much food is here and is all hers.She is adjusting back again and is doing so well.BBC are sednning me the dvd this week woohoo so i'll post it when i get it as its not as distressing as the one im going to pm Sandy.Thanks for caring.
Lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

sue27
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Angel,

Go Jess, Shes a lucky girl to have been adopted by you and your family. Sounds like she has now got the home she deserved where i have no doubt that she is spoilt rotten. Thankfully her last owners has not been allowed to get away with this. I hope it does not take to long for her to get back to normal after this recent upset.

Love Sue xx

ashleybaby715
11-17-2010, 10:40 PM
jess is too adorable ! she deserves to be a star !! :)

Saysusie
11-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Angel;
You are, indeed, such and ANGEL and Jess is so lucky to have you. I can't wait for the video! I am glad to hear that the cruel previous owner is being punished and that you and Jess are becoming celebrities!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
11-18-2010, 01:06 PM
hi angel,

you are right, the film is disturbing, but we need to be reminded that these things really do happen to these precious but helpless little animals. I still thiink that Daisy's angel brought you and jess together, you both saved each other's lives. as others have said, you truly are an angel, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

luv ya, my friend accross the big pond.

Islablue
11-18-2010, 06:14 PM
wow that is so neat! My little cockapoo was a rescue and it pained me to think of what happened to her before I got her. She still "bows" to me if I even go near her sometimes. Whew.. I can't believe anything that ccute could ever be mistreated. That is so neat that Jess is a little doggie star!! Yall are lucky to have each other! :)

magistramarla
11-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Our two cats are rescues, too.
Casper, who is now 5 yrs. old, is a pure-bred flame-point Siamese. Meghan was living with a friend in an apartment building. A guy one floor down had bought this expensive kitten to impress his girlfriend. When they had a fight and she moved out, he was going to throw the kitty out in the alley. Meg scooped him up and brought him to me. He is probably the most loving and most "touchy-feely" cat I've ever known. He loves everyone - he even used to follow the exterminator around to get scratched.

Dax is my hubby's 3 yr. old cat. Meg was working at Petco. She and the manager had chased away a guy who was trying to sell Maine Coon kittens in the parking lot. When Meg went out for a break, she found a box with a note saying "Nobody wants this **** deformed cat". His deformity turned out to be having extra toes - polydactyl. He has 7 toes on his right front paw and 6 on all of the others. Of course, Meg brought him home. Jeff immediately took him onto his lap with his laptop, counted his toes, and settled him in. He shortly proclaimed the kitten's name to be Dax. The two of them have been inseparable ever since. Jeff studies with his laptop and his lapcat every night.

It's always great when these poor unwanted babies find the people who will really love them!
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
11-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh thank you all for being so kind.I could'nt imagine life without her now,just wish we got her sooner while Daisy was alive,but yes i too believe Daisy had a paw in it.
I am going to post the link here.When you see the cats,Jess is the first dog in the dark you see caged with 2 others .Remember most of these poor animals are now rehomed and happy n loved.This woman is appealing her life ban and moved to Scotland.But when Jess is in the magazine it will be sold hopefully where she lives and will be in the public limelight so people know what she did.DONT click if you get upset easily as these animals were here for years caged up.But there is the happy ending for most of them.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1346310_video_crufts_contestant_who_kept_dogs_in_d espicable_conditions_is_hit_with_lifetime_ban

tgal
11-20-2010, 04:09 PM
This is an awesome story! You deserve a pat on the back for saving that baby and I know Jess will bring you so much happiness. I don't believe in buying animals when there are so many out there in need of a home. My fur children either came from a rescue or were rescued by me. I could never live without them