PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

SandyR
10-29-2010, 01:37 PM
What is everyone doing this weekend? Are you going out? Taking the kids out? Dressing up? I'm going to a costume party tomorrow night as one of the serving girls at the Octoberfest. Sunday will be quiet since I don't get trick-or-treaters in my apartment.

Nonna
10-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Maybe I'll dress up anyway, even if I'm stuck here at home. That should lift my spirits and give my grandkids a laugh.

nonna

Hunniebun
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
It's my dad's birthday on the 31st so we celebrate that and not halloween. I also don't dress up and am hoping we won't be getting any trick or treaters, call me lazy but I really don't like going back and forth to the door. I don't think there are too many kids in my apartment either so we will see what happens.

Nonna
10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I was just reading Hunniebun's post and thinking. Halloween is not what it was when I was young. It's a shame that today's kids can't enjoy it the way i did. Memories

Nonna

Hunniebun
10-29-2010, 10:28 PM
We were never allowed to have a halloween because it was my dad's birthday as well as my mom being a very strict christian. I've never trick or treated and only dressed up once in my life when I was 18 and went to Fright Night. She would always say it was the devil's day and a day where people did very bad things. I was sheltered big time...

Nonna
10-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Living here in the South ( the southeastern part of the United States), I run into that a lot. As a good Christian, I really don't understand how some see it's the Devil's Day. But who am I to question others beliefs. I'm sorry you missed it, but personal beliefs are more important.
Hugs
nonna

Hunniebun
10-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah me either, but it was just the way it was throughout my childhood. I'm not really that interested in Halloween anyway, but it probably would have been fun and a good experience to at least get to dress up and go trick or treating when I was a child. I think personal beliefs are important to a point. I missed a lot growing up, I was severely sheltered from the world, let alone the fact that my mother is crazy, so I really wish things were different.

tgal
10-31-2010, 01:15 PM
I am not doing anything tonight because I over did it last night. My daughter was in a production of Antigone and we were decorating for "dessert theater" all day, watched the performance last night and then went with the cast out to dinner after. I am worn out today and can tell I will be paying for this for a few days. My daughter is 15 and is heading over to a friends house to watch scary movies with friends all evening.

I am a preachers kid and, as an adult, have found much more use for science than religion although I do understand peoples need/desire for it. We usually do a big production on Halloween but between my fatigue and lack of funds it will be lights out and silence around here tonight.

Peridot_Gem
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Well i've not been anywhere this weekend but a late happy Halloween dear friends but i did dress my baby Bruno up a few weeks ago thinking they'd have a competition on the staffyclub i'm with, so i'll share my baby with you all. Terri xxx

http://i53.tinypic.com/mu7ap.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2w2psvq.jpg

tgal
10-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Well i've not been anywhere this weekend but a late happy Halloween dear friends but i did dress my baby Bruno up a few weeks ago thinking they'd have a competition on the staffyclub i'm with, so i'll share my baby with you all. Terri xxx

OMG I LOVE these pictures!! LOL Thanks for sharing

Peridot_Gem
10-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi tgal,
I hope you don't suffer to much mate for being on because when it hit's you it's total murder.
It's a good job i did dress bruno up a few weeks back, he was up the vets this week he's damaged his shoulder blade and pulled a ligament and through not having his ball as running keeps staffs healthy he's gone from his steady 24kg to 27 and he's on a diet and can hardly move for 6wks to rest it, then back in 3wks and painkillers in the meantime, life's just an obsticle of courses mate.

Takecare of yourself and all my thoughts are with you. Terri xxx

SandyR
11-01-2010, 06:16 AM

This is adorable! I love it.

SandyR
11-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Maybe I'll dress up anyway, even if I'm stuck here at home. That should lift my spirits and give my grandkids a laugh.

nonna

Did you dress up? What were your grankids? Sorry to hear your spirits are down. I hope they bounce up again really soon.

SandyR
11-01-2010, 06:20 AM
It's my dad's birthday on the 31st so we celebrate that and not halloween. I also don't dress up and am hoping we won't be getting any trick or treaters, call me lazy but I really don't like going back and forth to the door. I don't think there are too many kids in my apartment either so we will see what happens.

I think it's nice your family gets together to celebrate your dad's birthday. Did you have a good time?

Nonna
11-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Did you dress up? What were your grankids? Sorry to hear your spirits are down. I hope they bounce up again really soon.
Aleah, oh boy teenagers, decided to be a French maid. Brie was a kitty cat, my daughter Julie dressed up In a colonial style gown to walk around with them. I wasn't up to dressing, rough night for me. The bronchitis is still kicking my butt. Back to the doc's this afternoon
nonna aka Toni

SandyR
11-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Aleah, oh boy teenagers, decided to be a French maid. Brie was a kitty cat, my daughter Julie dressed up In a colonial style gown to walk around with them. I wasn't up to dressing, rough night for me. The bronchitis is still kicking my butt. Back to the doc's this afternoon
nonna aka Toni

How did it go with the doc?

Nonna
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
My lungs are now clear. between bronchitis and pneumonia - I have very weak lungs, always breathless. She wanted to recheck the breathing sounds.

Hillbillie
11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
We live out so far that no one ever comes to our house trick or treating. We decided to go to Cades Cove at Gatlinburg TN. We saw one bear, over 20 deer, over 20 turkeys, and a fox. It was a beautiful day then we went too Cherokee and the mountain there was covered in yellow leaves. I was down the next day because of all the travels but it was well worth it to get out and enjoy the fall.
I loved the pic of the dog. You can tell there's a lot of love there! I'd have given him a treat!

magistramarla
11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been missing in action all weekend! On Saturday, I helped with the Spooktacular for the kids on base at the community center. I sat at the table and handed out information about the Spouses' Club. It gave me a great seat to watch all of the kids. They had costume contests, mummy wrapping contests, dance contests (The Monster Mash & The Time Warp!), and all of the fun stuff that could be thought of. There was a guy handing out cotton candy all afternoon and the commissary donated 1000 hot dogs, so some dads were grilling them. There were bouncing houses out on the lawn, a fire truck and a marine rescue boat for the kids to crawl all over, and even three forest rangers on horseback. I haven't seen kids having such a fun time in years!
On Sunday night, I sat by the patio door in my witch's hat with a cauldron of candy. Our street is so quiet, not a single little goblin came by! Now we're stuck with all that candy.
Terri - I totally love your dog! I hope that his health problems are over soon.
Hugs,
Marla

Peridot_Gem
11-03-2010, 09:22 AM
My lungs are now clear. between bronchitis and pneumonia - I have very weak lungs, always breathless. She wanted to recheck the breathing sounds.Hi Nonna, good news mate to hear your lungs are clear from the bronchitis and pneumonia but like you i'm always breathless and it hits me hard when been i don't know if it hits you more in that way.
I've got Bronicle bronchitis had it since i was about 19 or 20yrs old and that's stuck in my lungs, i've gone through pneumonia 3 times and plurasey twice mind you that's scarred my left lung, so that's why i'm realy waiting for January to come to find out what's going on, this illness sends you desperate i find.

Nonna i wish you all the best of luck and realy hope your breathlessness picls up for you mate.

froggal
11-03-2010, 10:14 AM
My halloween consisted of parties, candy, and my son turning 15! He is a halloween baby! My little demon spawn! It was definately a FUN year this year. I wasnt in the hospital and that is always an added bonus!

SandyR
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
My halloween consisted of parties, candy, and my son turning 15! He is a halloween baby! My little demon spawn! It was definately a FUN year this year. I wasnt in the hospital and that is always an added bonus!

It's so good to see your face on here! And I am super excited to hear you weren't in the hospital. Was it a costume party?

SandyR
11-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,
I've been missing in action all weekend! On Saturday, I helped with the Spooktacular for the kids on base at the community center. I sat at the table and handed out information about the Spouses' Club. It gave me a great seat to watch all of the kids. They had costume contests, mummy wrapping contests, dance contests (The Monster Mash & The Time Warp!), and all of the fun stuff that could be thought of. There was a guy handing out cotton candy all afternoon and the commissary donated 1000 hot dogs, so some dads were grilling them. There were bouncing houses out on the lawn, a fire truck and a marine rescue boat for the kids to crawl all over, and even three forest rangers on horseback. I haven't seen kids having such a fun time in years!
On Sunday night, I sat by the patio door in my witch's hat with a cauldron of candy. Our street is so quiet, not a single little goblin came by! Now we're stuck with all that candy.
Terri - I totally love your dog! I hope that his health problems are over soon.
Hugs,
Marla

That sounds like a lot of fun! Guess you will have to send your grandbabies some sweet treats in the mail so you and Jeff don't have to suffer by yourselfs. LOL!