PDA

View Full Version : Prozen for stress relief

Morpheus
10-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi All
Im rather stressed lately, new job, exams etc.
Has anyone tried/used Prozen for stress relief? Does it work?

Saysusie
10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
I've never used it, but I can do some research on its use if you'd like. Let me know.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Morpheus
10-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi Saysusie.
Its so great to hear from you :)

It will be much appreciated, thank you.

Saysusie
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Here is what I found about ProZen, I hope that this information is helpful to you:

ProZen is Value Added Life’s trade name for Suntheanine®.

ProZen claims to be a natural alternative to chemical medications for stress and to help with sound sleep and claims to not have any side effects. It contains Suntheanine®, a patented pure form of L-theanine, a non-essential amino acid, found almost exclusively in the green tea plant.

Green tea has been used in China as a medicinal beverage for more than 5 000 years. green Tea has been recommended for a variety of conditions, including indigestion, depression and relaxation. These health benefits are said to be due the the presence of L-theanine in Green Tea.

Suntheanine, which is identical to the L-theanine found in the plant, was developed by Japanese scientists, who then patented and registered it. It was approved as a dietary supplement by the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare in 1964 and has since been widely used in Japan, Europe, the US and elsewhere.

Human clinical trials have shown that Suntheanine promotes a state of relaxation without causing drowsiness, by stimulating the brain to generate more alpha waves. The brain emits weak electrical impulses that can be measured on the surface of the head.
Alpha waves help muscles to relax and aches and pains caused by stress, to disappear.
Numerous studies confirm the positive effects of Suntheanine on the brain. In one study, 50 females aged between 18 and 22 years were divided into high and low general anxiety groups. Each group was given water, a 50-mg Suntheanine solution or a 200-mg Suntheanine solution once a week for two months. Brain waves were measured for 60 minutes after each administration. Within 40 minutes, significantly greater numbers of alpha waves were generated on the brain surfaces of the Suntheanine groups.
A clinical study conducted by the National Institute of Mental Health in Tokyo, Japan suggests that Suntheanine can help us to sleep better.

Although Suntheanine did not increase the duration of sleep, it helped the participants to sleep better by allowing the mind to relax and recuperate. The participants who took Suntheanine felt as if they slept longer than they did and said that they felt refreshed.
To date, no known drug interaction or side effects have been reported with the use of Suntheanine.

ProZen may be taken at the first signs of stress. People with high stress levels may increase their dosage to a maximum of four capsules taken every six hours. Individuals with sleeping problems may take two to four capsules about 30 minutes before going to bed.

A recent clinical trial has proven L-theanine’s ability to promote quality sleep. When 200 mg of L-theanine was taken before bedtime, the participants reported a significant absence of “feeling exhausted” and a reduced need for sleep. The study showed that L-theanine produced a notable improvement of sleep efficiency. It confirmed that L-theanine does not increase the duration of sleep, it improves the quality of sleep by allowing the mind, while in a sleep state, to relax and recuperate.

Please let me know if you need me to do further research for you. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Morpheus
10-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you Saysusie :)