PDA

View Full Version : It's totally not fair!!!

Nonna
10-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I spent the day outside yesterday, I did all the right things. I didn't over exert; I had my hat and sunglasses, long pants, etal. Slept like a rock so I thought I'll be fine today, I was until half way through church, then I couldn't stand, I had to sit. I wasn't able to stand to sing the last hymn. This afternoon I'm planning to rest and knit.

Ok, I need, no want to go to the tournaments for the girls the next 2 weekends. Any one have any suggestions as to how not give have to give up this pleasure. One of the few things I have left.
nonna. U:sleepy:

xani's mom
10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know what kind of tournaments you mean, but when I go to watch a sporting event or concert at the school I always take a thick cushion with me. Not sitting on hard chairs or bleachers seems to help quite a bit. Also wear shoes you can slip off if your feet start to swell. Don't know if it will help you, but it's worth a try.
Truly-Heather

tgal
10-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I am going to be no help, Nonna. I have to almost completely stay out of the sun. Long sleeves, hats, whatever don't do enough. The sun wipes me out completely. I am looking forward to the posts on this thread. Hopefully I will get some good advise too!

Nonna
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I go to softball tournaments, I don't sit onthe bleachers anymore. I have a lawn chair that gives good support. So that's not it.

Saysusie
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes it is unfair that, even when we take all of the precautions, we still suffer the after effects of being in the sun. The only thing that I can suggest, to be added to what you are already doing, is to also take an umbrella to shade you while you are watching the arena even. So, that means that you wear sunscreen, cover your body completely in lightweight clothing, wear a hat and sunglasses, take a comfortable chair (avoiding the bleachers) and use an umbrella. Hopefully, this will lessen the negative side effects, as there are no steps that can guarantee 100% protection :-(
I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
10-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, matters are now worse. I'm stuck in the house with bronchitis. No tournaments this weekend even with my added precautions. oh well

nonna

tgal
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM
So sorry Nonna! Wishing you a speedy recovery

Nonna
10-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Thanks, it would have been only two games they were both knocked out last night. Hopefully I will be able to go next weekend. Otherwise they are done until February. I love watching them play. They didn'thave sports for girls when I was young. It's exciting to watch them play

froggal
11-03-2010, 08:57 AM
If you are outside watching the games, the best advice I can give is invest in a BIG umbrella! Mine has helped me SO much in long hours I have to be outside to watch my kids and their sports. They arent really very cheap, but definately a great investment!!!!

xani's mom
11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Nonna-
I was thinking of you yesterday when I remembered something I used to do to help with the heat. First nuetregena makes a good SPF 85 sunblock that comes in spray form. The thing I was thinking of was if you wrap ice packs around your wrists its really helps keep your body temp down. I used to do it when I was working. The veins in your wrists are very close to the surface so the ice cools your blood keeping you cooler. Also huge sunglasses help keep me from getting headaches from the sun. Hope this can be of some benefit.
Truly-Heather

Nonna
11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Well today went rather well; I went to the tournament and watched two games. I had layers upon layers, a blanket, my hat and sunglasses. I looked like a warm mummy. When the migraine started I came home. Didn't use my umbrella as it was toooooo windy. the bronchitis is nearly gone (thank to the antibiotic)

Thanks to all for your advice.

tgal
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Glad you got to go and even more glad that you are feeling better!

xani's mom
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I am really glad you got to go, to often we have to miss things that are important to us. I hope the migraine doesn't last.
Truly-Heather

magistramarla
11-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm glad that you got to see them play.
I used to get pretty exhausted watching my grandson's swim meets, but it was so much fun to see him compete, especially when he came running up to gift me with a dripping wet blue ribbon and a dripping wet kiss!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
11-09-2010, 04:15 AM
They don't say much, but they notice when I'm not there. I sometimes feel guilty about not making TJ's football games; but they are at night and if it's cold the pain is too bad.

Well sports are done until February. Time to build myself up with rest and exercise

nonna