PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Go Leave My Heart in San Francisco!

magistramarla
10-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone,
I keep using those corny song titles lately!
Guess it comes from being middle-aged and in love. We're celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary today.
Today is a bit quiet for us. Jeff got up and cooked breakfast, which wasn't a good idea, since the man can't cook. He redeemed himself by taking me out for a nice lunch. Now he's busy studying.
Tomorrow we're driving up to San Francisco. Jeff has a doctor appointment on Monday at UCSF. We're going to have fun tomorrow and spend the night up there to celebrate the anniversary.
I hope that everyone else is having a good weekend!
Hugs to all,
Marla

SandyR
10-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Congratulations!!!!! That is such wonderful news and such a rarity to hear nowadays. Here's a poem that your post made me think of.

Each Year I Fall In Love Again With You

When I first met you all those years ago,
I fell in love so fast, I knew right then,
You were the one and only one for me;
I'd never have to look for love again.

Each anniversary finds us happier;
You are my light--my moon, my star, my sun.
You show me what real love is all about,
You fill my life with pleasure, joy and fun.

As time goes by, our love grows stronger still.
You're the most amazing (man/woman) I ever knew.
I prize our anniversaries because
Each year I fall in love again with you.

By Joanna Fuchs

Saysusie
10-23-2010, 09:10 PM
SandyR;
What a beautiful poem. I printed it and gave it to my husband as we've been married for 37 years now. I still find joy being in his presence and we are very good friends as well as in love!! Thank you for sharing it :-)

Marla;
Happy 34th anniversary and I hope that you have a wonderful time in San Fransico. Keep hubby away from the kitchen, however (lol). {{hugs}}

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Hillbillie
10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Marla,
Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful trip. I hope you have another happy 34 years together!
Billie

BonusMom
10-24-2010, 08:40 PM
What a beautiful poem, Sandy.

I hope you enjoyed your wet weekend in SF, Marla and Jeff. Our next door neighbors spent the weekend in the city as well and returned this afternoon, looking like teenagers in love. The City has that effect on people.

I hope Jeff's appt at UCSF goes well and your weekend was glorious. Congrats on 34 years of married bliss.

SandyR
10-25-2010, 06:30 AM
thanks guys/gals! I had to find a poem to read at a friends wedding several years ago and found it then and Marla's post reminded me of it.

magistramarla
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.
Sandy - Thank you so much for that beautiful poem. I printed it out on Saturday evening and put it on Jeff's pillow. It got me lots of extra sweet kisses - LOL!
Susie - You know exactly how I feel - 37 years together is a wonderful thing.
Lana - SF was wet, but wonderful. We had lunch at the Japantown mall. We ate at a place that had sushi going around in little boats in front of the diners. We had fun choosing a few things that we hadn't tried before. We love that mall. It reminds us of our trip to Tokyo.
We like to stay at a Days Inn in Hayes Valley. The staff is very sweet and the price is right. We walked around the corner that evening and went to a fun bar called The Absinthe. We tried the drink of the same name (delicious) and had a gourmet meal for dinner. It was a lovely and memorable anniversary trip, despite the rain.
Monday morning was beautiful. We drove through Golden Gate Park and stopped to look at the ocean near Point Lobos before going to UCSF. The hospital complex on Parnassus has a breathtaking view of the park and the bridge.
Jeff saw the doc and will continue to take his meds until we go back in February. I arranged for his next appointment and my next Botox shot for the Spasmodic Dysphonia to be on the same day, so we can do it in one trip. Hopefully, the meds will work for Jeff and he'll be able to avoid surgery.
I agree with you that SF is a wonderfully romantic city. I love it!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
10-28-2010, 03:07 AM
I loved it when I lived there it is a beautiful town. I lived on the peninsula in Pacifica. Marla I don't remember Hayes Valley, where is it?

Nonna

rob
10-28-2010, 06:52 AM
The best thing about San Francisco-Chans's Model Train Shop. It's on Van Ness down near the Marina. I didn't leave my heart there, but I did leave a substantial part of my checking account there the last time I visited!

magistramarla
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Nonna,
Hayes Valley is right next to the Civic Center. Our motel was at Grove & Gough. We saw a lot of theater-goers at the restaurant.
Rob,
LOL - it figures that you would drop dollars on a model shop! We're a pair of cheapskates. We tour around a city without buying anything. But I make sure that we splurge on good food - I'm such a foodie!
Hugs to both of you,
Marla

froggal
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
34 YEARS!!! That is so AWESOME!!! congrats!