PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella and Prince Charming...............

BonusMom
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
On October 9th, my eldest son married his longtime love of nearly eight years. It was a ceremony short on words, but long in meaning. We started with a groomsmen's breakfast hosted by the aunt of the bride at 8:00 a.m. Ceremony at 11:00 a.m. I keep hearing the words to "In My Life" by The Beatles--The song chosen by my son for our dance. He made a touching toast to his beloved Papa who we lost a month ago to the day.

A Powerpoint was created by the bride's sister that didn't leave a dry eye in the club house. It so captured their lives growing up and their love growing together.

The reception lasted until 4:00 p.m. and then there was an "after party" at the home of the bride's parents that we gracefully bowed out at 9:00 p.m. And yes, the dress that I ordered one size smaller to motivate me to stick with my diet, fit beautifully (check out my photo album for a few pix--I'll add more as I receive them from friends).

On Sunday, the newlyweds asked that we attend an informal brunch to watch them open their gifts at 11:00 a.m. (took two hours) and then we returned tuxedos.

It was a very busy weekend, but oh so lovely.

Bonita
10-18-2010, 05:50 AM
I am so glad that things went well for you and you had a lot of beautifull moments. Hope that your health is doing okay now. Bonita

tgal
10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I am so glad you had a wonderful couple of days! It is nice to have good memories to think of when the days are hard

Nonna
10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
oh what beautiful memories you have. My son's wedding was outdoors and the temperature dropped that day from 80's down to 60's. Everyone remembers how cold they were and not how beautiful it was.

nonna

magistramarla
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi BonusMom,
I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed such a lovely wedding! I looked at the pics - it was a beautiful wedding! Your kids are all great-looking, and now you've gained another beautiful girl.
Lots of love & hugs,
Marla

SandyR
10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm so glad you had a good time. I hope your friend came around and supported your son on his day.

BonusMom
10-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes. Yes, Sandy, my friend did attend the wedding, however, she opted not to attend the reception--a compromise that I could understand.

It was a glorious day in so many ways!

Hunniebun
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Congrats to your son! Sounds like my cousin and his wife, they dated for 9 years before they got married last year, they were high school sweethearts.