PDA

View Full Version : I Could Have Danced All Night!

magistramarla
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi Everyone,
We attended the Navy Ball at NPS last night - what a fun night!
I was on the ball committee, so I've been helping to prepare for this since August.
I was there on Friday and Saturday afternoon, helping with the decorations for the ballroom. It was really lovely by the time we finished.

The dinner was fabulous! It's very rare that I am served a steak that is cooked to absolute perfection. Well, actually they handed Jeff the plate with a piece that was cooked just beyond pink and handed me the one that was slightly pink and a bit bigger. We traded plates, and each had an incredible prime rib steak.

As a committee member, I had requested a couple of songs. The young Lt. Commander who was in charge and was the MC surprised us when he announced that the first two songs of the evening were dedicated to Lieutenant Colonel and Mrs. Jeffrey Dean in honor of their 34th wedding anniversary! They played our wedding song, "Color My World" by Chicago and "Remember When" by Alan Jackson, which is the story of our lives put to music. I've loved that song since the first time I heard it.

The sweetest part of the evening was when a young soldier in an Army uniform took the mike and got down on one knee on the dance floor to propose to his girlfriend in front of 600 people! We had all sorts of couples there last night, from those two, to my friend Lisa and her hubby, who are celebrating their first anniversary, to us "golden oldies". It was certainly a memorable evening.

I'm an Air Force wife, but I'm certainly having fun living on an Army installation and being part of a Naval school. The Joint Services thing is a blast!
Hugs to all,
Marla

BonusMom
10-17-2010, 07:15 PM
What an enchanting evening, Marla! I love the song "Remember When" and how fitting that it was played in honor of your anniversary, as well as your wedding song.

It takes a lot of nerve to propose in front of 600 people. That young soldier must have been pretty confident that his intended would say yes :)

So happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Congratulations to the bride and groom for thirty-four magical years!

Lana

Nonna
10-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Just want to say Happy Anniversary again and that I'm so glad it was an enjoyable night for you both.

Nonna