PDA

View Full Version : Amazing night in Vancouver

Hunniebun
10-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Last night I went into Vancouver with my sister and her friends to the Telus World of Science to see the Body Worlds Exhibit. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, not disgusting or wrong or anything at all! They had everything there, a lot of bodies in different poses. You saw everything the human body has, skin, muscles, tissues, organs, bones, some of the bodies still had body hair, their eyebrows, eye lashes, hair on their scalp, finger and toenails.
Everything was left intact including male and female genitals, and some bodies were cut up in way so you could see inside. One was sliced in halves like a loaf of bread, and another was cut in half so she seemed like she was 2 people, there was even a woman 5 months pregnant and you could see the baby inside her, I also saw a 4 week old fetus all the way up to a 6 month one. There were bones, full skeletons, a full nervous system...Everything was displayed, nothing was left out.
I learned a lot there and I think it's a pretty neat idea, and ALL these people donated their bodies to science, they wanted this to happen, so they're not being exploited. You could see copies of the paperwork they signed giving permission for donating their bodies. Some people might think this is disgusting, but I think that's just dismissing reality. The poses are a bit odd I guess...But I'd rather it be like that than the whole exhibit being set up like a tomb.

Has anyone else ever been to this exhibit? It moves a lot and this is the second time it's been to Vancouver, but only my first time going.

Peridot_Gem
10-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Hello Hunniebun,
I've never been to an exhibit, the nearest i've watched like your explaining is on the TV and like you said it's really interesting and the explanation's of the organ's of the people who donated their body to science is incredable on how they died and certain degree's of what an organ start's off like and can go to either through illness or age in general plus bad habits located to death.

Anything on the Tele to do with operation's etc i love watching, good job i've never been a sickly person.

You was one lucky woman to go, nice one mate.

Luv Terri x

Hunniebun
10-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah it was very interesting, but I've been hearing there's a big spat over this thing and a lot of people are against it, but a lot aren't at the same time. I'm very glad I went, it was something I have never seen or experienced before.

Peridot_Gem
10-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah it was very interesting, but I've been hearing there's a big spat over this thing and a lot of people are against it, but a lot aren't at the same time. I'm very glad I went, it was something I have never seen or experienced before.Hi Hunniebun, the reason why people are against it is because they're to small minded, it totally does my head in when the advantage is there to know more.
Well like you said you've never experienced it before and good for you for having the advantage to.
I hope your feeling well otherwise.

Terri x