PDA

View Full Version : I have Strep, AGAIN!

Hunniebun
10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Noooo! I JUST had this awful infection a few months ago! Darn you autoimmune medications and messed up immune system! Throat is on fire, fever, nose plugged, ears plugged, what a wonderful way to start the day.

This sucks...lol...

Saysusie
10-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I am sorry that you are dealing with this again. It is awful that we are prone to so many different types of infections..over, and over, and over. Me..I get sinus infections at least 6 times per year!!
I hope your strep goes away and stays away for a very long time.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

sillylupie
10-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh Hunniebun, I am so sorry to hear that!
My kitties and I send you our purrs and hugs (hope you are not allergic to cats!).

If you need to rant .... rant away!

Hunniebun
10-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Haha now I am not allergic to cats, we have 3 of our own. I feel horrible, my throat is killing me, I've had a headache for 2 days, there's a lot of pressure in my face and behind my eyes, my neck is stiff and sore, I'm hoarse and rasply plus it hurts to talk and swallow(which makes me want to swallow constantly), and I can't sleep!
Then of course throw in the every day autoimmune stuff I deal with and it makes you wanna run in circles and go crazy. Hope this goes away soon.

tgal
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I hope you get to feeling better soon! Please let us know how things are going. I will be thinking of you

sillylupie
10-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Haha now I am not allergic to cats, we have 3 of our own. I feel horrible, my throat is killing me, I've had a headache for 2 days, there's a lot of pressure in my face and behind my eyes, my neck is stiff and sore, I'm hoarse and rasply plus it hurts to talk and swallow(which makes me want to swallow constantly), and I can't sleep!
Then of course throw in the every day autoimmune stuff I deal with and it makes you wanna run in circles and go crazy. Hope this goes away soon.

Oooohhh another kitty lupie!
Check out my kitty cats! http://sillylupie.blogspot.com/

My nose is feeling stuffed as well. Now it hurts from too much "digging" and "blowing" - but, I am sure it is nothing near to what you are going through.
Make yourself some nice warm chamomile / peppermint tea with lemon ?
I hope you get well soon ...

debbie-b
10-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi Hunnibun,

Are you on antibiotics for the strep?
I had a untreated strep as a child, ( I had alot of sore throat issues, we didn't know it was strep), because it was not treated with antibiotics, I developed mitral valve prolapse.
So be careful and make sure you get it treated.

Debbie

Hunniebun
10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks Debbie and everybody, I'm better now and hope it doesn't come back again so soon, even though I think it will because that's just how things go! lol, maybe I'll discuss getting my tonsils removed if this keeps up.