PDA

View Full Version : Dr's Appt Today

red246
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Finally going to new rheumy today! I know it's probably not such a great time, only a week and 1/2 since surgery, but I didn't want to reschedule it and have to wait even longer!

I made up a whole list of issues that I have had, thanks TGal! It is in my purse along w/the paperwork for the appt. This way I don't forget it! lol Wish me luck!

Hunniebun
10-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Good luck! Hope all goes well for you, take it easy too! I am also seeing a new Rheumy at some point, this will be my 3rd one now. The one I have been seeing for the past 5 months or so has stopped listening to me so I'm done with him and have now been referred to a woman so hopefully she's better and can maybe fully diagnose me after all this time instead of all this "well you don't have this, but you may have that, but we can't say you have that, because of this..." BAH!

red246
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
It went okay I guess. He was good and I guess that if I saw him originally it would have gone better. He said that w/how I am right now, he would lean more towards a diagnosis of Fibro. But he is going to get copies of all my records from the previous doc and look those over. He said right now he doesn't see putting me on any meds since I'm doing pretty good w/the exception of brain fog issues. I don't have to go back until 3 mos from now, unless I have any issues. He did give me something to help me sleep. I'm so hesitant to take anything like that though. (My ex drugged me before we divorced, so I've always had issues taking anything that's going to knock me out since then.) But, I will give it a try.

Hunniebun - I hope this one works for you! I hated limbo land! ((hugs))

tgal
10-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Good Luck Hunniebun! Red? What med did he give you? I too have a diagnosis of fibro (joy joy) and am on meds for that. A side effect is that it is a great sleeping pill but I had tons of trouble with the first one they gave me.

I know this would sound weird to someone from outside but I know you are disappointed. I wish this disease wasn't so hard to diagnose or didn't have symptoms that come and go. It seems that I am usually doing pretty well when it is time for a doctors appointment so they think I am nuts.

On a side note... I am going to have to take my daughter back to a rhuemy. She went when she was about 6 because she was having tons of trouble with her knees. They hurt her so bad. It never went away but she learned to deal with it (they said wear a brace during physical activities) but it is getting worse. Add to that her back is now bothering her and she complains of general hurting. I have to admit I am nervous because of everything going on with me and she has symptoms that could be anything it could also be whatever is wrong with me. I am going to make her a doctors appointment with her GP and then we will get a referral.

Cross your fingers for us

Saysusie
10-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Red;
I am also a Lupie with Fibromyalgia and have to take meds to help me sleep (a common symptom of fibro). I find that, if I do not take something to help me sleep, I have night terrors (oh so awful, but another common symptom of fibro).
Usually, what we are given are very mild and does not knock us out as they are mild sedatives. I understand your trepidation, however. Perhaps you can do some research on the medication you were prescribed to make sure that you are OK with taking it. Also, perhaps someone here is using the same medication and can give you some of their personal experience with the medication.

Tgal; I am keeping you and your daughter in my prayers!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Islablue
10-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey Red, I am w/ Tgal when I say I KNOW you are a little dissapointed. It's like you dont WANT to have Lupus but you're ready for a doc to step up and take action when you are complaining of symptoms.
I have Fibro as well and took Lyrica for it for quite awhile with good results. Now I take Neurontin instead b/c Lyrica was causing some swelling. I am sure I will take it back up when I can.. If you do take it, the side-effects are very short lived. Your body gets used to it within a few days. (((hugs)))

Islablue
10-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Red;
I am also a Lupie with Fibromyalgia and have to take meds to help me sleep (a common symptom of fibro). I find that, if I do not take something to help me sleep, I have night terrors (oh so awful, but another common symptom of fibro).
Usually, what we are given are very mild and does not knock us out as they are mild sedatives. I understand your trepidation, however. Perhaps you can do some research on the medication you were prescribed to make sure that you are OK with taking it. Also, perhaps someone here is using the same medication and can give you some of their personal experience with the medication.

Tgal; I am keeping you and your daughter in my prayers!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I have to take something to sleep too or I either cannot fall asleep or I do have odd dreams.