PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep!

twinniesplus1
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
I can't take antiinflammatories so i take hydrocodone but it wires me up. If I want to sleep, I stop all caffeine after 7 and no pain meds. That's the hard part, I still hurt during the evening and the night. any suggestions welcome! TIA!!! By the way, I'm a night owl and take ambien already.

hatlady
10-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh my! I just went through this last week - look down under "symptoms" and you'll find that post.

My sleep is back on schedule, it seems. I have no idea why. When I start getting sleepless in Illinois, I first try warm milk with a bit of honey in it. Sometimes that helps. No TV in the bedroom (learned that YEARS ago.

But the best I can offer is to suggest you read what others wrote there and to say that, oh lordy, I understand!

silverlioness
11-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I've always been a night owl too. Ambien is the only thing that works for me.

PattyLatty
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Ambien helps me sleep too, but I'm afraid to continue to take it. Can it become addicting? Maybe I need to talk to my dr about this one because I can't sleep at all - my hubby doesn't say anything anymore, but I know he'd love it if I went to bed with him at night. If I do, I toss and turn and keep him awake.

How long have you been taking ambien? Thanks for the suggestion. Many hugs :lol:

lexis214
11-16-2005, 02:03 AM
:shock:
I can relate to you on this subject. It feels as if your eyeballs are permantly in the open position. My worse part is that not only can I not go to sleep. If I do I sleep no more than 2 hours at a time. the rest of the time when I am awake It seems as though I am fighting to keep my eyes open . Neverending circle I'm afraid!

Angie

jaime
11-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I also have had major problems with insomnia, and take Ambien. My doctor told me it was not "habit-forming". i don't take it every night because i get nervous about that being the only way i can sleep. i really like the idea of falling-and staying asleep naturally; it is encouraging to know i am not the only one with this problem, and that it is probably connected to lupus! another thing i have tried in the past in an herb called Valerian root, which is supposed to be a natural sleep-aid, although it's worked before, i took it the other night and it seemed to have no effect. does anybody out there know about this herb or tried it? i'd be interessted to hear reviews on how it's worked (or not worked) for others!

jaime

silverlioness
11-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Eminem was supposedly in rehab to kick his Ambien habit, but I've been on and off of it for about two years and I've never had any withdrawal symptoms. My doctor hates to refill my prescription because it's not approved for long term use, but we can't find anything else that works. Even the Ambien hasn't been helping for the past couple nights :(

silverlioness
11-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Seven or eight years ago, I bought some Valerian Root. It really smelled bad and I couldn't swallow it :oops: I also know that cats like it. It's similar to catnip.

Taff in Oz
11-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Jamie

I have tried valerium from the Health food shop, and sorry to say it done zip for me... I then tried valerium forte and still nothing...

Then I hit the chemist, and they showed me RESTAVIT, and they worked.. infact it worked so well, I slept from 10pm to 10 am lol...and then I had to force myself out of bed.. but the more i used it, the easier it became to get up in the morning, always a little hung over, but a cuppa and 30 mins later feel ok........ On the packet it says that these tables are used for Travel Sickness, Insomnia, and are an antihystemin.. Good luck I hope you find something that works for you too.. Janyce *Taff in Oz.