PDA

View Full Version : prednisone headache??

Sarah2010
09-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey buddys :)

So yesterday I went to the Dr. and because my lupus is in a super flair, on top of having a nasty cold...She decided to give me 1000mg prednisone infusion intraveinously. Now, 1000 mg is a major dose, the most I have ever taken at once was 60!! I don't feel great today. I have a raging headache and feel sick to my stomach. Im just wondering how yalls bodies react when u get a mega dose of pred. The dr was like " oah your going to feel so good, try not to do too much, your gonna want to do this, and that, and its probably going to cause insomnia" and to be honest with u, I slept perfectly normal last night and am stil tired today and havnt felt like doing much of anything..weird hugh. I dont know, but I do know prednisone will make you feel a little weird inside.
XO-Sarah

Linda From Australia
09-28-2010, 05:06 PM
My gosh - 1000mg - that is enormous! You must be very sick if you are sleeping through that sort of dose. Hopfully you get some rest and recover very soon.

jmail
09-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I have headaches almost all the time anyway Sarah2010, but they do seem to get a bit worse when I've had an injection of steroids (dosage??), which I did about 10 days ago. The worst thing for me when getting a shot is the appetite turns *voracious*!!! I can't *eat* enough *food*! Especially cheeseburgers... In fact, I think I'll have to go get one *NOW*!!!

sillylupie
10-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi Sarah, in super-flare, like? leaking protein? low WBC?

To put 1000mg into you when you are having cold / flu symptoms????

I totally dislike IV methlypreds. TOTALLY.
After 2 dose, I get all bloated up, moonface so easily that I go to sleep, wake up in the morning and say EEEEEWWWWWW to the mirror!

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah2010
10-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Hey yall..So the Iv therapy didnt work to make me feel better, so I was hospitilised. They found out that on top of the lupus flair, I had a sinus infection and Mono!!! SO i spent the last few days hooked up getting fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. I wish I could say that I feel much better, but I dont. I guess I need to rest, rest, rest.

debbie-b
10-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Sarah,

You poor thing. I hope you feel much, much better soon.

Debbie

sillylupie
10-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey yall..So the Iv therapy didnt work to make me feel better, so I was hospitilised. They found out that on top of the lupus flair, I had a sinus infection and Mono!!! SO i spent the last few days hooked up getting fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. I wish I could say that I feel much better, but I dont. I guess I need to rest, rest, rest.

What's Mono.
Rest, rest, rest!! Take care.

P:S: I am beginning to think I have sinus infection too ... how do they check for it??

Linda From Australia
10-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Sarah rest up as best as you can and try to enjoy your family and accept their help.

Sarah2010
10-10-2010, 07:12 AM
What's Mono.
Rest, rest, rest!! Take care.

P:S: I am beginning to think I have sinus infection too ... how do they check for it??

Hello. Mono is short for mononucleosis..It is a nasty viral infection. My dr diagnosed that with blood test...The sinus infection was diagnosed by a quick check up my nose by th dr. Stuffy head, constant drainage, head ache, nasiley..those r my sinus symptoms.

Thank u all for your positivity and well wishes....Im not going to jinx myself...But, I feel like I might have finally turned the corner!!! Woo hoo...Wellness here I come!!! (hopefully) TTYS -Sarah

Saysusie
10-12-2010, 04:10 PM
How are you feeling today? Hope you did, indeed, turn that corner and are on your way to wellness!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie