PDA

View Full Version : My Mother is in the Hospital

DrinkofWtr
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Well my mother is in the hospital. She has memory problems and was diagnosed with Advanced Alzheimer's. Naturally, my dad is pretty torn up about it. They are planning on going to an Assisted Living Facility where they will be cared for by professionals. I tried taking care of them, but it was too much for me to handle with my lupus and other health problems. Dad is recovering from his surgery to repair the broken bone in his back. He is in a lot of pain right now, but I believe he will slowly get better. Tomorrow we get his staples out. Please pray for them, as they have a lot of challenges ahead of them (not only now, but in the future).

Bonita
09-22-2010, 05:55 AM
I will put you and your family on my prayer list. It is always a hard decision to put your loved ones in a home other than theirs but sometimes it is for the best. They will still be together and this will let your Dad recoperate himself. We had to make this decision this year with my 94 year old father-in-law. But he would not listen to any of us and would not eat or bathe and take his meds and was falling all the time and with health problems we were unable to take this on. But he is in a Christian based home and has gained weight and is adjusting. I hope and pray that things will work out for you. Love and prayers Bonita

SandyR
09-22-2010, 06:35 AM
I am sorry to hear things with Mom are hard right now. It's not easy switching roles with our parents and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda From Australia
09-28-2010, 12:38 AM
How is your Mum and Dad going this week DrinkWtr