PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter is Moved to San Jose

DrinkofWtr
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, my daughter, Kelly, moved to San Jose. She landed a job as a counselor in a group home for adults with behavior disorders. She is working on getting the rest of her hours to complete her internship as an MF counselor. Her husband quit his engineering job a couple of days ago, even though he was offered a 50 percent raise. (If it had been me, I would have taken the raise, and stayed in Oceanside, but he made his decision and will start school at UC Santa Cruz this Thursday. I only hope I will have the time and the money to go see her in the future. So far, she seems to like her new job, although she has only been there a week. I hope she will like it there. Time will tell.

SandyR
09-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Congratulations to your daughter and her husband on taking steps to achieve their dreams! that is wonderful news. I know you will miss them. My mom just moved across the country last year too, but thank God this is the time where we don't have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for a letter with a little bit of news back home or 20 or 30 minutes to get on the computer and see each new picture. Thank fully we can now even see our loved ones when we talk to them half way around the world. I know it's not the same as grabbing them and hugging them, but it is a lot better then it was at one time and to me that is a little consolation.

magistramarla
09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Just promise to check out the Monterey area when you come up here to see them! I'm only about 50 miles South of San Jose.
Hugs,
Marla