PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?????

potts77
09-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Lately my whole body has been spazing out. One moment I'll be sitting in the chair and my leg twitches so hard that I kick the dog. Or my hand goes numb, spaz's out and I drop a drink. I also am starting to have the slight head ticks again. It gets annoying when your trying to talk to someone and they think your disagreeing with them. Ofcourse your not it just looks like you're shaking no to what ever they say to you. Sometimes I can littarly see my skin crawl on my legs. Funky huh? I can't go to a rehumy because one wants $800 down just to see him and the other here in the state wants $200 down. (OUTRAGEOUS) So I figured I'ld come to you guys here to help me out yet again.... I'm so thankful that I have people here that I can rely on.

rob
09-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I have symptoms like this quite often, all except the ticks. Sometimes I drop a glass, and other times when I sit the glass down my hand suddenly jerks and I knock my drink over. My problems are neurological and are directly related to my MS. However, these symptoms can be caused by Lupus affecting the Central Nervous System, and from what I read here, and on the LFA website, CNS problems from Lupus are somewhat common. Have you ever considered seeing a Neurologist? A neuro could possibly prescribe you some meds to help with these symptoms.

Rob

PS-I've never heard of a rheumo needing a down payment for treatment. Is this a common thing in Idaho?

tgal
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
When I was reading this thread I suddenly realized something. I have had the issue with my hands just opening and dropping things since I was a child! Of course now it is worse. I drop everything, fall into things, knock things over and am simply a complete clutz but I had forgotten about having the hand issue as a child. I think I need to tell my neuro about that.

On a side note.... Lumbar Puncture is at 9AM in the morning. Wish me luck!

jmail
09-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Those rheumies sound more like lawyers... Do you not have medical insurance? If not, see if the state or county can direct you to a clinic for some help. If you do have insurance, then I'd say them "doctors" are con artists...

rob
09-17-2010, 06:46 AM
When I was reading this thread I suddenly realized something. I have had the issue with my hands just opening and dropping things since I was a child! Of course now it is worse. I drop everything, fall into things, knock things over and am simply a complete clutz but I had forgotten about having the hand issue as a child. I think I need to tell my neuro about that.

On a side note.... Lumbar Puncture is at 9AM in the morning. Wish me luck!

Don't sweat it, you'll do fine! Just take it easy afterwards, and say hello when you can.

Islablue
09-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I've had these. Especially when I'm going to sleep. My hubby said I do kung fu when I go to sleep. I have twitches and ticks a lot. I also have medication induced MS from taking Enbrel. It went inactive after 9 months, but I still have residual ticks like that. It's really wierd. I'm always afraid it will happen with a glass of red wine in my hand or some coffee. If you experience any type of change like vision, tingling or numbness of your face or limbs, or cognitive impairments be sure to go to the doc. Some medicines can cause this in people who have autoimmune diseases.

kim,l
09-19-2010, 03:11 PM
yes i get these ticks my husband says i am like a bird i flap my wings especially bad if i have cup of tea as it flies up in the air my legs and feet also do this i have kicked husband in bed few times.

babysister66
10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
my hands go numb all the time and I drop things. I also flinch and twitch at odd times. I have had three sympathectomies for my right arm, one a surgical one. They helped symptoms in that arm about 60%, but certainly wasn't worth it. I have a question though. I hear people mention MS. Is this related to lupus?

Islablue
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM
hey babysister66!! I got MS from Enbrel (a medicine used to treat Lupus, RA, & AS). I still have residual neuropathies related to it and the lesions on the brain will not ever go away. So glad ur here!