PDA

View Full Version : In a Funky Mood lately

Nonna
09-15-2010, 04:34 PM
I've been in a funky mood lately and I don't know why. I'm not doing what I'm supposed to do. I'm just sleeping, eating and working my head off. Am I over stressed? I don't know. I'm not very nice either.

Anyone else ever get like this?

Hunniebun
09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Yep...Very often, but I know I am over stressed and I also have major depression and am undergoing treatment for that with pills and therapy. Mood swings and changes can come with our diseases too right? Or has something happened lately that you might need to talk about? Maybe you are working too much?

SandyR
09-16-2010, 06:52 AM
First I have to tell you that reading your title now has me singing "Play that Funky Music White Boy" really loudly in my head.

Also, yes. I definately get that way. I also have a personal and family history of depression and I think SAD (seasonal affective disorder) since I am much worse in the winter. Best thing for me for it is to go over to the shelter and grab one of the dogs and go for a long walk until the dog is tired and I am feeling calm again.

Do you find a pattern with feeling this way too?

rob
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
I definitely get into funky moods, and get angry, depressed, and really impatient at times. I have a tough time sleeping, and never have much of an appetite, so I'm tired and hungry more often than not. Hungry, but nothing tastes good. Some days it seems like everything I do requires such an immense effort, and simple tasks take forever to do, and it frustrates me.

Rob

Nonna
09-16-2010, 10:13 AM
wish I could say I have problems with depression. I don't. no therapy or meds for that. I guess I'm tired of working, of having to take meds, of being sick, of not being able to do the things I used to.

Sounds like depression.

I don't like change and I've had a lot of that lately.

I'll survive, I always do. thanks for listening while I vent

nonna

Nonna
09-16-2010, 10:18 AM
First I have to tell you that reading your title now has me singing "Play that Funky Music White Boy" really loudly in my head.

Also, yes. I definately get that way. I also have a personal and family history of depression and I think SAD (seasonal affective disorder) since I am much worse in the winter. Best thing for me for it is to go over to the shelter and grab one of the dogs and go for a long walk until the dog is tired and I am feeling calm again.

Do you find a pattern with feeling this way too?

Play that Funky Music............. love it

Take a chance on me.....
If you're all alone........
Take a chance on me..... Oh Mama Mia

jmail
09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Naw, no Funky Music, got do Funky Town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izWRKl06XEY)...

Gotta dance, man... 'Course, my back wouldn't survive them moves...

Nonna
09-17-2010, 04:14 AM
I got funky town also

Lord I need to go get ready for work
Please lord be with me today

SandyR
09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
jmail -

YES! Love Funky Town.

"Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me"

If you watch GLEE they had a great Funky Town show last season.

Hunniebun
09-17-2010, 01:01 PM
What is Funky music and Funky town? lol, I'm so young...How are you doing Nonna?

SandyR
09-17-2010, 01:34 PM
What is Funky music and Funky town? lol, I'm so young...How are you doing Nonna?

Play That Funky Music White Boy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe1ScoePqVA

Funky Town - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlmTELeLRwI

And for good measure:

We Want the Funk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhSAv2ukNco

Nonna
09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
watch them, music always straightens out my mood. I felt young again. am I dating myself? oh well. thanks anyway sandy and everyone I'm over my funk.

tgal
09-17-2010, 04:32 PM
OMG Hunniebun! You are a baby! You missed so much of life LOL

As for the mood? Oh yeah. I get them. I use to say I wasn't depressed but since I started on the meds I KNOW I was, and sometimes still am, depressed. Why wouldn't I be? There is so much to life I can't do now. So many things have changed. TOOOO many meds. Yes, I get depressed and then my mood sucks. I won't be on the meds for depression forever but they are helping me adjust to my new life since it appears to be staying like it is instead of letting me return to how things were before