PDA

View Full Version : i was rushed to emergency department

kim,l
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
hi everyone had another hospital visit yesterday i was sitting on the end of my bed and coughed and heard this pop in my upper just under my ribs colapsed on to bed let out scream and became extremely dizzy and short of breath they rushed me to hospital i was placed into bed but had to wait 4 hours in pain they only gave me pandadol until my husband complained the doctor finally seen me a hour later gave me a xray but only on my chest not back then gave me tramadol and a valium it didnot work so they gave morphine that still had no affect i was crying in pain after spending 15 hours inhospital the came and seen me and said because of my lupus i have weak muscles and they are asssuming that i tore some muscles in my back and sent me home with some endone and told me to bed rest when i told i suppose that all i will be able to do since hardly walk my husband started to help me out to the car with my walker when the triage nurse saw me she knows because she also has lupus she was disgusted that no one bought me out in wheelchair so she went and got one and took me out she said i looked terrible and didnot believe that they would release me in such condition she said most of the staff no nothing about lupus and they treat people bad as they do not know how much pain we are in.so i am laid up in bed can only lay on my back and can,t move much because the pain takes mybreath away going to the is extremely painful i cry everytime i have to get up it could take over a week before i can get around again if that, embarrassed because stephen has dress and undress me and help me onto the toilet. i hhave bruises all over me because they could not get drip into me so it took them 7 times before they found a vein so i am extemely depressed again i just feel like i have no dignity left i just feel like giving up i am sick of feeling this way its just one thing after another sorry i am just feeling down sorry to be displaying such selfpity after all you all have the same problems thanks for listening to me rave on hugs kim l

Bonita
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry for all the things and pain you are going through the only thing i can offer is a hug and my prayers for you and your family. Take care of yourself and try to rest.Love Bonita

tgal
09-05-2010, 06:51 PM
{{{{HUGS}}} to you! Rest well and take care of yourself! Hope you feel better soon

Nonna
09-06-2010, 05:16 AM
hugs, I know the feeling with emergency room staff.

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

rob
09-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Kim,

You don't need to apologize for anything. Your words are not about self pity. You are in pain, and you were treated badly at the ER/hospital. You have every right to feel angry, and down. Just take it easy, and get better.

Rob

magistramarla
09-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi Kim,
I hope that you are feeling some better.
The ER did a bad job, but didn't you find a GP who was decent? Can you go see him/her? It sounds like you need someone who is more knowledgeable about your problems to see you now.
Don't worry about your DH taking care of you - that's what love is all about - we take care of each other when the need arises. I just hope that his health is up to it.
Go see your own doc soon, take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
09-06-2010, 09:30 PM
went to gp has done some more tests and given me stronger pain killers wants me on strict bedrest only allowed to get up to go to toilet and this is extremely difficult as the pain is severe using frame and stephen is helping as much as he can if i am no better tommorrow she wants to see me again can only lay in one postion due to pain cannot sleep well have to rest now will talk to you tommorrow thankyou all for your kind thoughts hugs kim l

Hillbillie
09-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Kim, I sure hope this doctor visit at least helps you with your pain. Sounds like your doctor is at least trying to help you. I know that bed rest makes for LONG days. I hope you are feeling better real soon. Be thankful for your husband... I have had to help my husband when he was unable to bath himself and go potty and I know he'd be there for me should I need him... that is what love is and does. Take care of yourself... sometimes our bodies make us take the much needed rest when we won't do it on our own... I'll say a prayer and hope that you are all better soon! Billie

SandyR
09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
oh Kim I am sorry to hear about this. That is terrible the way they treated you in the ER. Shame on them for not practicing kindness and compassion. I don't think you sound like you are complaining either. You sound like you are in a lot of serious pain and I hope and pray that the muscles heal quickly for you. (((HUGS))) and (((PRAYERS))))

Sandy

kim,l
09-08-2010, 04:44 AM
well still on bedrest pain killers not helping i might have popped my verterbrae in my back will need more tests feeling quite unwell tonight thankyou all for kind words hugs kim l

Saysusie
09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Kim; I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. I can't imagine how doctors could allow you to remain in so much pain for so long. That is just unconscionable to me!!
I am glad to hear that, at least one doctor wants to see you again if your pain persists.
I do hope that the final diagnosis is not serious and that you are able to get some relief from your pain very soon.
I am sending you {{hugs}}

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Hunniebun
09-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I can't imagine it either and I really hope things get better for you.

DrinkofWtr
09-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Kim, I found this out when I was in the hospital last time. Tell them you want your arm heated with a hot towel or heating pad, so that your veins come up and then they won't have to stick you only once to get the IV in.

SandyR
09-13-2010, 06:48 AM
kim - how are you feeling????

Saysusie
09-13-2010, 07:49 AM
DOW;
What a great piece of advice. Why don't the phlebotomists know this themselves??? I, too, get stuck several times due to them trying to find a vein. I think I will use this suggestion also. Thank you so much for that information!!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

kim,l
09-13-2010, 09:00 PM
still not well sandy on constant pain killers still have popping sound in back am frightened to cough am in so much pain think i will need ct scan am black and blue with bruises due to them trying to place drip. and on top of this i have been told that i have to bring sarah home to live until they can find her permanent housing which could take months i am really stressing about this i just do not think i can handle the extra pressure her mental illness is so complicated and at times she can be so difficult but i am her mother and she is my responsibility i cannot turn her away even though i am so nervous. thanks for asking hugs kim l

Linda From Australia
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Kim is your daughter registered under disability services? If she is, see if you can contact her LAC (local area coordinator) and see if they can get some things moving for her.

SandyR
09-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Kim,

You are a good mom and a good woman. I know that Sarah being home is a great source of stress and was wondering if your doctors can help you with finding placement for her? Can they write a letter to her social worker stressing how sick you and Stephen are and how that if impacting your ability to care for her at the moment as well as how having her back home will create undouted stress for the two of you which will raise your level of disease activity? Perhaps if they have some "experts" suggesting that this isn't what is best for all of you at the moment they will be more motivated to find a better solution?