PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog makes for a Funny life!

tgal
09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I have to tell ya'll what happened today. I dropped in here to read and I stopped to check the chat as I always do. I posted a "good evening" in the chat box and when no one answered I went to the forums. I moved about reading and posting before going back to check and see if anyone had stopped in.

When I went back to the start page I became a bit excited because someone was there! I went to start replying and THANKFULLY I figured out that the post I was reading was MINE! LOL I had forgotten that I had posted that and I was about to send a comment to myself! At least brain fog makes life interesting!

What is the strangest/funniest thing that you have ever done now that we tend to ride the short bus on occasion (and I won't post the licking the windows comment because I don't want Rob to spill his drink)

jmail
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
... I took a short bus ride all the way across town once... err twice... Had to come back, ya know?...

... missed my exit on the interstate a few times, went the wrong direction on the interstate - not in the wrong lanes, just the wrong direction... maybe I shouldn't be relating this info... maybe I shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle... lolol
- I've got far too many little "stories" to remember my funniest. If my wife was awake, she'd tell us some doozies... lolol

Does calling your own house on the phone count? "Man, I can't believe the number's busy *again*!" 'Cause I think I've done that before anyway...

rob
09-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Today, I opened the freezer and found a bottle of Windex. Ain't brain fog fun...

This isn't the first time either.

Hillbillie
09-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Getting to the car trying the key and when it didn't work then poped the hood while looking to see if I could find anything loose. A man approached... asked if I was trying to steal his car.. Why NO I said, My car won't start... He said that could be because your car is stitting over there two rows over.... Same color, same make, not my car..... Now I pay attention to the row signs.

Nonna
09-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Gee did I really miss that email. Something must be wrong with the system. I didn't see it. Oh well Brain Fog does make for an interesting day.

don't we love Brain Fogs

potts77
09-08-2010, 12:00 PM
OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only one with brain poof's here... This last Saturday we went shopping at Costco and I thought I put everything in the car I bought... when I got home I noticed things were missing.... Darn those carts! They'll eat some of your purchase if you let them. Yet alone I get flustered with my husband and I start calling him by the kids names (he'll snicker and get my goat even more) then the animals names (he'll start to stifle a large laugh) and then I'll just call him that damn man.
Life is a blast when you're havin' brain poof's.

Bonita
09-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Rob you are so funny. I got into my car and wondered why i have a box of doughnuts on the seat only to realise it was not my car. I have run quite a few loads of laundry went to put them in the dryer and found the washer empty. You think after the first time i would learn. Went looking all over for my glasses they were on top of my head and then i wondered why i could not find my cell phone only realizing i was talking on it. Isn't this a fun diease. Bonita

tgal
09-08-2010, 07:19 PM
LOL I can relate to ALL of those! I never know what I will find where! I too have gotten into the wrong car! That one always makes me feel so bad!! I have a fear of having to explain to the police that I am NOT trying to steal it I just don't know which one is mine!! Gotta love it

Bonita
09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
The last time i did that was at the egg hunt from church and the pastor asked why i was trying to steal his car. He thought it was funny but i was embarressed. Bonita

rob
09-09-2010, 06:46 PM
You know, I started a thread way back when, and it was titled "You Know You Have Brainfog When...". I'll see if I can't find it and bump it up to the top of the list. It was funny as hell some of the stories.

DrinkofWtr
09-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I was looking all over for my eyeglasses and found them, after looking around my apartment for at least half an hour, on top of my head.

Saysusie
09-13-2010, 08:09 AM
How many of us have done that???? How funny.
How about running around the house looking for you car keys, because you are running late, and you are going all over the house looking for the keys that are.........IN YOUR HANDS!!!!

Uggh...lmao

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
09-13-2010, 08:59 AM
or leaving your keys in the door, sometimes overnight, and then searching for them when you leave.

tgal
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
OR...Searching high and low for your cell phone because you need to get to an appointment just to finally figure out that you are TALKING ON IT! (I may be the only one dumb enough to do that one!)

SandyR
09-13-2010, 02:12 PM
nope, you're not. done that too. smh

tgal
09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
LOL Sandy! That is why I love it here. I am not alone~

jmail
09-16-2010, 08:19 PM
If I lose something, I usually find it in the refrigerator, especially if I find the pitcher of formerly iced tea sitting out... but sometimes I'll find the lost item in the freezer - can't forget the ice for the warm tea... And yes, car keys, eye glasses, wallet, cell phone, etc.

Saysusie
09-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Tgal; That reminds me of a "brain fog" moment that I read elsewhere: "A woman was talking to her friend on her cell phone in the grocery store. She paid for her items and as she was walking out of the store, she said to her friend, "Girl, I think I left my phone in the store, it's not in my purse or in my pockets. I'm going to have to go back in the store to find it". Her friend replied, "OK girlfriend, call me back when you find it!"

So, you are not alone at all :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie