PDA

View Full Version : please tell me i'm not the only one?

wysiwyg
09-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Sorry, know this is gross but have to ask.. are there any other female lupus sufferers out there who are experiencing vaginal sensitivity and inflammation in the vaginal area? My doctor insists that lupus related ulcers in this area are painless.. I beg to differ. Have checked that it isn't herpes, etc. Anyone have same?

tgal
09-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi Wysiwyg,

I am going to tell you that you are not the only one out there. Vaginal dryness is common in many autoimmune diseases and when it gets dry it becomes very sensitive and inflamed. When it has happened to me it was almost an itching that became so severe that it hurt. I don't care what your doctor said I know exactly what you are talking about!

I will tell you that the medicine for a yeast infection medicine helps me. Although it is not yeast it seems to get things working again when it happens to me. It may sound silly but it can't hurt to give it a shot and you can get it at Walmart

Hope you feel better soon!

Hunniebun
09-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Sorry if this is TMI but,

Nope, you are definitely not the only one. I have had a problem like this for a long time now and at first my doctor thought it was a yeast infection so he treated me for that but nothing changed. He also checked to see if maybe I had any other sort of infections or diseases and that too didn't seem to be the case. I am very sensitive and it is almost always inflammed, it causes me a lot of pain, a burning sensation that makes even putting in tampons difficult sometimes. However I have not had any problems with dryness, it is just right on the outside wall of the vaginal area where I have the swelling and the pain, making intercourse VERY unpleasant and also makes me VERY depressed and feeling like I am not worth someones time so I just avoid it all together because the problem won't go away. I've tried oral medications, creams, lab tests and my doctor still doesn't know but he thinks that it is could be part of my autoimmune problems and he isn't sure what he can do for me. I am seeing a gynecologist on Sept 10th about something else but while I am there I am going to bring up this problem and get myself thoroughly checked out, and I'll let you know what I learn.

Saysusie
09-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I no longer have this problem and you have been given great advice and information. All I can say is that there is no such thing as a painless ulcer!!
Hunniebun..please let us know what your doctor says, I am really interested in what he thinks :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
09-04-2010, 03:47 PM
You are most definitely not the only one! I went to a Sjogren's Conference in April, and there were several booths there for products to help with vaginal dryness.
That tells you that it has to be Very common.
Try different products until you find what works for you. I've found that Replens helps some with the overall dryness.
We also never fail to use KY. We've found that the KY Yours & Mine works as advertised!
Hugs,
Marla

Hunniebun
09-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I go tomorrow morning at 10:30, so I'll see what he says and when I come back I'll post as much as I can, if I can remember it all.

Hunniebun
09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Well...I don't think I have that much useful information to come back with but, it turns out my GP was wrong about the problem I have down there, and I don't blame him because he doesn't know much about autoimmune problems, and anything else he doesn't understand he sends me to someone who does anyway. It turned out to be scar tissue from an old tear that I didn't even know happened, (sorry again if TMI) and hasn't healed properly and become very sensitive.
But you can still get vaginal dryness and inflammation as a side affect from an autoimmune disease, just for me that was not the case. KY is definitely a good choice and I'd recommend that one too.

Saysusie
09-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I am assuming that the original tear was from vaginal dryness???? KY is a great option, especially due to the fact that, as we get older we suffer from dryness. So, add that to having an auto-immune issue with the same symptom and you don't stand a chance without some type of lubricant *chuckling softly* TMI ????
Anyway, there is a lubricating douche that can be used almost daily. I can't remember the name right now, but I am sure that it is easy to find if you have not already found something that works for you!
Take Care :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

wysiwyg
09-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Thank you for your comments. It seems any type of unusual goings-on in the genital area is still perceived as a sexually related problem. The psychological impact that this has had on me has been overwhelming. The fact that my partner has abandoned me too because of it all doesnt help either. It is really an odd sensation ie the 'sensitivity' on the outer lips (sorry.. gross..too much information I know) and still waiting to see gyno to help me. Will see what the outcome is.

wysiwyg
09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Glad you have an explanation for the problem - its half the battle sometimes. Your symptoms were so very similar to mine... I was glad to know I am not the only one.

wysiwyg
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Would the dryness cause the sensitivity as well? Too be too graphic.. the pain is in the pereneum are.. the sensitivity is in the lip area? I am definately not enjoying this conversation but have to be explicit to get the answers. REally am struggling with all of this. Cant sit down, cant wear underwear let alone trousers, etc.. i feel like a freak.

SandyR
09-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Thank you for your comments. It seems any type of unusual goings-on in the genital area is still perceived as a sexually related problem. The psychological impact that this has had on me has been overwhelming. The fact that my partner has abandoned me too because of it all doesnt help either. It is really an odd sensation ie the 'sensitivity' on the outer lips (sorry.. gross..too much information I know) and still waiting to see gyno to help me. Will see what the outcome is.

If your partner left you for this issue they don't deserve you. You deserve someone who loves you for your whole and not just your parts and who won't bail the minute you need them most. (((HUGS)))

Hunniebun
09-23-2010, 09:02 AM
wysiwyg this was the main reason why my ex and I broke up over a year ago even after being together for over 4 years, because of how he treated me over my problem. You DON'T need someone like that at all, no one does. I was actually engaged to him too but I realized he would probably never change and just treat me even worse so out the door he went. I still have a lot of sensitivity down there even after trying to treat the scar with polysporin like I was told to. I am going back to my gyno in the beginning of Oct for another check up to see how it's doing.
Also, do not feel like a freak because you are NOT. Dryness can cause sensitivity and tears and all sorts of discomfort. When you see your gyno make sure to tell he/she as much as you can.
Men just don't understand, all that's on their minds 99% of the time is finding somewhere to stick their hot dog when they can simply take care of it themselves. But instead they act all macho and whine and blame us and try to act like it's natural for them to be this way. To be what, assholes? I guess so. Not ALL guys are like this mind you, just...Ha, most. I guess I'm still a bit bitter over how I was treated. I have an amazing man now who is perfect so there are guys out there who are darlings, you just need to weed out the ones that will choke your garden.

magistramarla
09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow, people who give up and leave just because the going gets rough have got it all wrong. That is NOT what love is all about.
I have dryness issues and my DH has Peyronie's, which makes the "hot dog" crooked. We have to use LOTS of KY, but that doesn't mean that we would ever give up trying - LOL.
Hugs,
Marla

Hunniebun
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Have you gone to your gyno yet? I am wondering how you are doing and what you found out?

wysiwyg
10-01-2010, 08:39 PM
not yet... I dont have private health cover so have to wait within the public system. This means a very long wait unfortunately. I have been waiting since beginning of August for an appointment.. still waiting. They will advise me within 30 days of when my appointment is scheduled.. havent had that advice yet. It is very depressing, frustrating to have to deal with this issue on my own. A visit to the gyno would be helpful not only in the physical regard but the psychological as well.

Hunniebun
10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Aw, that's too bad...I hope you will be able to see someone soon, just hang in there, things will be ok. *hug*

babysister66
10-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I am another that also has this problem. I have just totally quit having any sexual activity anymore. I avoid getting to know men or going on dates because I keep thinking that eventually this is where it will lead, and I suffer so bad afterwards that I don't even want to begin a relationship. For me, it doesn't just hurt during, but for days afterwards i have such a deep, deep pain and ache in my pelvis that all I can do is lay in bed and cry. I wish I could enjoy sex still. It makes me feel old before my time

wysiwyg
10-06-2010, 01:14 AM
yes. i know exactly what you are saying. I have sabotaged so many potential relationships just for the same reason as you have. It is very quickly becoming much more of a pyschological problem than a physical one. The stress brings on increased sensitivity, dryness, pain and the irony is that the stress is brought on my the thought of having sex knowing it is going to be painful. Vicious circle. One problem feeding the other. I am seriously thinking of seeing a counsellor or relaxation therapist to deal with the mental stress to see if this helps the physical???? I really feel for you babysister. I know the pain you are suffering. I really hope you (we??) meet the right man to understand and empathise with you. Thinking of you.

magistramarla
10-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Girls,
You should rage against this and don't give up until some doc helps you. Sex with someone that you love should be fun, satisfying and a joy. I really hate to read that you ladies are just giving up on it - don't! Ask for help!
Babysister - Have you been checked for endometriosis?
Hugs,
Marla