PDA

View Full Version : Support Group in my neighborhood!

pandagirl
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I just found out thru Lupus foundation of NJ that a new support group is starting just a few towns away from me! Psyched! I can't wait to actually meet some people face to face. Even though I have my daughter( Lupus too) to swap Lupie stories with, it willl be nice to meet others who "get it". You are all the best... but sooo far away (close in spirit!!) The group will meet every third Sat. I hope people actually show up. I am actually getting embarrassed to say I am from NJ with all the ridiculous reality shows about NJ that are on now..we are not all really like any of the freaks they have found to exploit!!

red246
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Andrea - Fantastic news! Where are the groups at? Probably too far for me :( There's nothing out here, although I haven't checked in a while. Maybe I should look agaain.

You shouldn't be embarrassed to say you're from Jersey just because of the stupid reality shows! There's plenty of other reasons! lol

rob
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey Andrea,

The thing about reality shows, is that they rarely resemble reality. That's cool theres a face to face support group in your area. I wish we had something like that here, but living in the boonies precludes any such thing.

Rob

pandagirl
09-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Rob,
I can't believe there wasn't one here already. I live in a pretty densely populated area, with decent hospitals and tons of doctors. It boggles my mind that it took this long. Honestly, had it not started I was going to inquire how to start one thru LFA. I think my library might allow me some time/space and or my husbands firehouse. I will see how it goes..I might have to have my own zany off-shoot! My daughter and I might be the only members...lol!

SandyR
09-03-2010, 07:19 AM
that's wonderful!!!! so happy to hear that.

pandagirl
09-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey Sandy
Are you getting Earl-atized yet??

Nonna
09-04-2010, 04:25 AM
Andrea, I for one know for sure people from New Jersey are not freaks. I'm originally from the Shore. I and my family aren't freaks; therefor and thusly neither are you.

That's great about the group. I need to get together with Phyllis again. Being with someone face to face is a help. Especially hugs and pats on the back.

Maybe we canmeet the next time I come up

nonna

"I 'm thinking you listen to Hannity. "atized"

SandyR
09-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Hey Sandy
Are you getting Earl-atized yet??

Andrea,

Sorry I missed your message. We got nothing. Only wind and even that wasn't really bad. The very end of LI got some storm. All the way out at the points. How about you?

pandagirl
09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Sandy..sorry so delayed..we got nothing thank God! The last bad storm we had no power for 2 1/2 days..not fun.
Nonna..thanks,,,,would love to!