PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck, guys!

magistramarla
08-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Tomorrow is The New Spouses Welcome. As the 2nd VP of the OSSC, I'm in charge of it.
I'll be running around like a crazy woman setting things up, and then playing hostess at the Admiral's house tomorrow evening.
I'll check in when I can, but please send good thoughts my way!
Hugs,
Marla

BTW, I made Kahlua flavored Jello shots for the event - cheers!

Linda From Australia
08-31-2010, 01:14 AM
All the best for tomorrow - and a little bit of advice - Don't forget your medication !!! Remember to have fun as well

Nonna
08-31-2010, 04:16 AM
Linda is right, relax and have fun. but don't forget the meds.

tgal
08-31-2010, 04:18 AM
My fingers are crossed for you! Hope today goes well and don't wear yourself out

Serenity81
08-31-2010, 06:24 AM
Good luck, Marla! I'm sure you'll be fabulous =)

SandyR
08-31-2010, 08:12 AM
mmmm kaluha flavored jello shots!!!! If you weren't clear across the country I would have to sneak in! LOL. Seriously though - I know you will have a very successful event and that it will be praised and enjoyed by all in attendance. Have fun. Take your meds so you can have more fun. I look forward to the pics.

Bonita
08-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Good luck and have fun. Bonita

tgal
08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Let us know how it went, please!

Hillbillie
08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Marla,
I'm sure it will all turn out great. Just hope you don't pass yourself while you are going the other way!
Above All ENJOY life is stressed enough so enjoy the party while you can!
Billie

rob
09-01-2010, 07:35 AM
The three best words I've heard today- Kahlua Jello Shots!

BTW, how did it go Marla?

magistramarla
09-01-2010, 09:33 AM
The party was a great success. I don't know the number, but we had quite a crowd. We had lots of delicious food, and the garden was a lovely setting for the party. It was a shame that Admiral Oliver, who lives there, was called out of town.
My jello shots went over well. I told the funny story about my former bartender daughter making fun of me. She said "Mom, I know that Dad has gone back to college, but do you have to totally re-live the college years?" The sad thing is that I never heard of jello shots when I was in college!
I was a very, very tired person by the time it was all over last night, but I had a great crew of able-bodied young women who did the hard work. I have to do this again in January, but at least now I know what I'm doing. I'm thinking of a Mexican Fiesta theme.
I'm about to get ready to go to the promotion ceremony and picnic for my friend's hubby, so here I go out the door again!
Thanks for the support, guys!
Hugs,
Marla