PDA

View Full Version : My Mother Has A Broken Rib

DrinkofWtr
08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
My mom fell a couple of weeks ago and broke a rib. I took care of her for a while. Now my brother is here and he is looking after her so I can get a break. This happened about a week after my stent was taken out after the kidney stone was blasted. I am so tired and am trying to get some rest now. Looks like Mom and Dad are going to have to go into an assisted living facility. It's sad, but will be best for them as they both keep falling and are having memory problems. They are both 90 years old. Well I have to run. Bye for now.

Hillbillie
08-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Drinkofwtr
So Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Thats great that your brother is giving you a break sounds like you need it!
It is a blessing to have parents that are 90. I do know the sadness that comes from knowing that you are not able to "do all" and " be all". Sadly we are not super human and have to turn over some of the care to someone else.
My Dad had to be put in a nursing home due to a stroke in the brain stem and My Mother checked herself in. She wanted to be with him. They did well, till Mom passed and then Dad continued to thrive. He called it Home. He was there 5 years and almost totally recovered from the stroke. The doctors said that he would be a vegatable but God had other plans and brought him out of it. Sometimes a move for safety, protects people so that they can live. Falling and memory loss are serious for anyone. I even said I'd get myself one of those Life alert necklace if I had to be alone much. A bad brain fog causes me to be concerned about myself.
Anyway, If you need someone to talk to that understands I'll try to be here for you. We all have to help each other get thru this life.
Do take time to take care of yurself, Billie

Saysusie
08-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your mother's fall and broken ribs. I know how hard it must be to have to contemplate putting your parents in assisted living. But, we often have to make this decision for their own safety (and for our peace of mind!). The added stress of worrying about your parents cannot be good for your Lupus and the timing was not conducive with you being able to recuperate fully.
I am glad that your bother is there and that you are being able to get some reprieve. Please take care of yourself and I wish you the very best in making a decision about your parents.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie