PDA

View Full Version : I'm Learning Something New Today...........

BonusMom
08-28-2010, 08:48 AM
At 45 years old, DH is going to teach me to play golf. Now, it may be a mistake for him to try and teach me and I should be taking lessons from an instructor, but I was so pleased that he took the initiative to suggest that we do something together (that doesn't involve race cars), booked a tee time, etc.

I've wanted to learn for a long time, but with the twins getting in the way (you larger breasted girls will surely understand), I didn't think it would be much fun. I've dropped quite a bit of weight recently and am inching towards the "normal" BMI and think I can get around the twin issue....finally.

Fortunately, Cali's got a cool spell this weekend. Supposed to be high 70's-low 80's, so even the weather's going to cooperate. I am so excited!

Check in later and I'll let you know if we're missing any clubs and how many balls...um...disappeared.....ha ha.

Bonita
08-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Good for you and hope your time together is great. Love Bonita

Linda From Australia
08-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Happy golfing. It is always nice to do something together, it doesn't really matter what it is, so long as you spend time together. Because I find shopping a bit difficult at the moment, my husband has been coming with me to help me. It is nice just to walk around the shops and chat. I don't really know if he likes it though because I see everything that goes into the shopping trolly, and he can't sneak things in without me knowing. ha ha.

It is good to hear you have lost some weight. I have lost 4kg in 2 months, I am planning to loose another 4kg in the next couple of months. I have never been able to loose weight like that before. My goal is to lower my BMI to 25 before I go on steroids.

Keep up the good work, and swing hard to burn up all those calories.

tgal
08-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Hope you had a wonderful day playing golf and I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful

magistramarla
08-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey BonusMom,
Did you have fun? I sure got a giggle over you worrying about "the twins" getting in the way!
It was a beautiful day here on the coast, and I'm sure that it was lovely where you are, too.
Hugs,
Marla

rob
08-29-2010, 05:55 AM
That's great Bonusmom. I tried golf, and usually ending up sending a big chunk of turf downrange instead of the ball. That's cool that you and hubby have an activity you can share.

BonusMom
08-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm hooked! We had so much fun! It ended up that we spent time at the driving range yesterday and there was a tournament for youths that delayed our tee time so we re-booked for today (Sunday). The weather was perfect and we didn't have to rush. We didn't keep score (Superman was probably afraid I would've done better than he--you know competitive men can be :)) I am sore from all of the twisting, but what a good time we had.

I had more sun over the past two days than most of the summer, but it was well worth it. I also had the pleasure of seeing Eat Pray Love with my daughter last night........oh I feel so very lucky!

Nonna
08-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Good for you, glad you liked it. My mother wants me to play with her. She learned at age 75. I haven't played since I was 18. Should be interesting

Saysusie
08-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi BonusMom:
I am so proud of you!! And now you are hooked!! My hubby is an avid golfer with a single digit handicap. He is often told that he could be on the senior pro circuit, but he won't do it. He plays golf EVERY SINGLE DAY (except when we are on vacation)!
If you enjoy it, I am told that it is a wonderful sport for people with Lupus (taking strenuous precautions against the sun). So, you've picked a good one for exercise, enjoyment, and shared time with you DH!!
Personally..I HATE the sport (roflmao). I am horrid at it, I have no patience for it, and it is excrutiatingly boring to me. I need something a bit more physical and faster paced LOL
Have fun!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
SaySusie,
I'm with you - I find knocking a little ball around and following it VERY boring. Luckily, my DH agrees!
I'm glad that BonusMom and her DH can enjoy it together.
Hugs,
Marla