PDA

View Full Version : Possible SCLE ANA Negative Anti-RO Lupus

luvpinkpeeps
08-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I finally got to see a Rheumy! My visit was regarding my fibromyalgia, but he is testing my ANA because of the fact that I have these rashes and joint pain.

He said it could be Lupus that affects the skin and joints.

So, I did some reading and have found out a little about anti-ro lupus.

30% of anti-ro Lupus sufferers have a negative ANA.

My ANA has been negative in 2005 and then 2007.

I am awaiting the current test but I feel it was just show negative as well.

Anyway!

Anyone here have NEG ANA anti-ro lupus?

or SCLE?

tgal
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Hey there,

I was originally diagnosed with SCLE and Fibro although now they are looking at SLE and MS. Although irritating and very uncomfortable SCLE is rather harmless in the long term. You ache, your joints hurt and you get some ugly rashes. The Plaquinil worked wonders for me for awhile although it isn't working any longer. It took about 3 or more months to really work but between that and a low dose prednisone most of the SCLE issues were taken care of. For me, other issues came into play and they are finally rethinking my diagnosis but if you have to get a form of this nasty disease that is the one to get!

luvpinkpeeps
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
thanks for your reply :)

I would say that yes, that would be the form of Lupus that would be better!

I am still concerned though, because I have unexplained Hematuria....microscopic blood in my urine.

I read on a Fibro list that it is a symptom of fibro though so who knows.

tgal
08-21-2010, 04:43 AM
I understand being concerned and I DID NOT mean to make light of it. It is worrisome and nothing to envy. I have found that some doctors (not good ones) tend to toss the SCLE label out there when SLE is being difficult to diagnose. This can be a long road and the diagnosis that you get today may change over time but just know that we are here for you always!

As for Fibro, many of the people lupus have fibro as well. It appears to be very common (I am one of them). It is not a fun thing either. The not knowing is the worst part. Hopefully you are on the road to knowledge

luvpinkpeeps
08-22-2010, 10:13 AM
No problem, I didn't think you were making light of it at all. :)

I forgot to mention, he wants to put me on Neurontin for the fibro...