PDA

View Full Version : BAD Brain Fog

red246
08-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Title pretty much says it all! lol I'm sitting in the recliner and all of a sudden it's like my brain takes a little trip and I feel all foggy and dizzy, kind of floaty. It only last for a few minutes at most, but it's been happening a few times a day lately.

I don't have an appt w/ rheumy until the 27th. I ddin't have one until the beginning of September, but was able to move it up. Thank goodness.

My only hope is that she doesn't want me to go back on the Meth. I really don't want to do that! I've been trying to get through tthe summer just by taking it easy and trying to stay cool, but this stupid brain is really getting to me!

Saysusie
08-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Your disorientation, confusion, and fogginess could be a symptom of your Lupus and many of us deal with it on a daily basis.
It is, however, important for your doctors to ascertain if there is or is not any involvement of your central nervous system which may be causing these feeling. Your doctors will probably look for any indications of Lupus Cerebritis (Lupus cerebritis basically refers to brain or nervous system involvement in Lupus).
Most of us suffer from a mild form of lupus cerebritis. The problems associated with this condition include a mild kind of depression, headache, fogginess and even memory loss in some cases. Basically there are two kinds of lupus cerebritis affecting the brain. The first kind is seen when lupus causes physical changes or alterations in the brain activity. The second form is a clotting disorder and once the type of condition is identified the relevant treatment can be given.
I hope that you find answers to your particular feelings of fogginess. Please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
I hear you about the brain fog i also have my fog lights on full right now :) Hang in there and i so hope your appointment brings you more answers.Until then do things slowly and a little at a time.Write things down,i do i find it helps me remember what i have to do.This afternoon i put a chocolate coisant in the oven n forgot it...smelt delish lol....so tonight i wrote it down then set the alrm for 5 mins so i didnt burn this one.Yummy was delish.We are here for you.
love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxx

red246
08-19-2010, 04:08 PM
I hear you about the brain fog i also have my fog lights on full right now :)

ROFL thanks, i needed a good laugh! croissant sounds like it was good - glad you got to enjoy one of them! :)

Hillbillie
08-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Lauren,
Get it checked out,It is awful to have that feeling and not know what is going on. I was thinking I was ready to check in to a mental home. I had such a hard time remembering things that I got a calender and wrote down anything and everything that I needed to do like appointments and such. I keep two timers the one on my stove and an extra one so if I put something in the oven I won't have a crispy black surprise waiting in the oven! Luckily the rheumy upped my medication and it helped clear it away. Its the difference between night and day! I still keep that calender handy! Hope you find some thing that will remove the fog! Billie

BonusMom
08-19-2010, 09:08 PM
What type of tests are done to determine if you have lupus involving the CNS, Saysusie?

Saysusie
08-21-2010, 12:24 PM
The tests really depend upon the symptoms you are displaying. But, generally they include: neuropsychological testing, and a newer neurodiagnostic test called the single positron emission computed tomography (SPECT) scan which shows reproducible blood flow abnormalities. Other tests including:Spinal tap, EEG (brain wave test), MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging); and CT (computerized tomography) test.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie