PDA

View Full Version : So Now it's Psoriasis, with Interstitial Cystitis thrown in

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I've figured out a couple of fun symptoms in the last couple of months.
My great rheumy back in Texas had said that she thought that my scalp sores and occasional skin sores might be psoriasis, and said that some of my joint pain might come from psoriatic arthritis, but she didn't have time to discuss it with me much before we moved. The MTX cleared up the scalp sores and I haven't had any of the skin sores since, either.
Unfortunately, my new rheumy dismissed this, since she couldn't find any scalp sores. (Duh?)
While I was traveling this summer, I skipped the MTX. Soon after we returned, I noticed both scalp sores and some rash and flakiness next to my lip, on the right side. I looked up psoriasis of the face, and sure enough, the rash matched. It said that it was often connected to a strep infection, so when I developed a sore throat, I hurried to my PCP. I didn't have strep, but he verified the psoriasis. I'm so glad that it's on my record!
The PCP said that with psoriasis, he wants to keep an eye on my heart health. He wants a cholesterol check, which the rheumy already has scheduled for Sept. (my last one was 163 - no prob). The PCP also wants to schedule an EKG, if she doesn't. He just may be more on the ball than the rheumy.
Also, thanks to something that I saw posted on the Sjogren's site - I'm sure that I also have Interstitial Cystitis. I certainly have the symptoms, and it is common with Sjogren's. The thing is, the rheumy ignores it. Once again, I've done my own research and found that there is an "expert" for treating it nearby. I'm thinking that I should just make an appointment with her and bypass the rheumy altogether.
I really feel that I understand much more about what is going on with my body than some of my docs. Don't even get me started on the neuro that I will never see again!
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh Marla,

Im so glad its now on record,dont you just want to slap some of these doctors!! Lets now hope you get the help you need.What are the symptoms Marla of I.C? Hope everything is ok with you and glad you have some answers...now the treatment can start.

love
Amanda.xxxx

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 05:19 PM
IC is extremely overactive bladder. I can be sitting on the couch and just start to feel like I might have to go pee, but by the time I get up and get down the hall, it's an emergency! This will often happen two or three times in an hour. I can go to the RR (loo) just as I leave the house, drive to the commissary (2 stoplights),park and then have to stop at the RR. I'll get halfway through my shopping, park the cart and go again. Then I'll finish shopping and go again before I check out. By the time I drive home, I have to make a beeline from the car to the potty.
It sounds pretty amusing, but it can get very painful and embarrassing.
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Marla,

You know something...ive had that problem for a while.Ive told the doc who dismisses it.Its worse at nightime for me.I get so thirsty i sip the smallest of water then BAM...bursting so i go....lie down n i want to go again.Thing is though,i have so many other issues going on at the mo,maybe i should wait to say something about it.Wow!! Thanks for telling me.Let me know what happens with the doctor.Thanks.
love
Amanda.xxxxxx

SandyR
08-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I have psoriasis and they think psoriatic arthritis but never knew there was a link with the heart. Thanks for sharing, I am going to look into this more.