PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever hear of Peyronie's Disease??

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 04:21 PM
My hubby has just been diagnosed with Peyronie's Disease. Without giving too many details, it involves the male parts. The thing that makes me feel bad is that I may have started it by being too rough and injuring him (don't laugh!)
The weird thing is that the body reacts to the injury by over-reacting to the inflammation and forming nodules of scar tissue in connective tissue, which almost sounds like it's auto-immune.
There is no real cure for this (sounds familiar, right?) but there are a few urologists who are experts at treating it. Luckily, one of them is at UCSF. I've been doing lots of research for Jeff and he's gotten an appointment with a local doc for this Thursday. He's still waiting to hear from the expert in SF.
So, in my research, I found that the guys with Peyronie's have a great board like this one, and provide each other with lots of support and information. They also have a "Ladies Only" forum for women who are affected by their man having this. I logged on, but found that those ladies don't post much. It will often be 3-5 months between posts. It's really a shame that they don't support each other more, since the disease stinks for both partners!!
So, for the inquiring minds who wanted to know, that's what is wrong with my DH. We're both a bit stressed out by it, but we're going to work together and try everything we can to get him back to normal.
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh Marla,

Im sorry your poor husband has this.I had never heard of it before.But how great there is an expert doc at UCSF. You both sound very caring and loving towards each other,so im sure you both will get through this.Have a look around there must be other forums where more women post more often and quicker.Hope your husband is coping ok. (Sorry i did giggle about you being too rough) lol...i know its not funny.

love
Amanda.xxxx

SandyR
08-17-2010, 06:50 AM
I had never heard of it in it's medical term, but when I looked it up I had heard of it's common name. I am sorry to hear that Jeff is experiencing this. It sounds so painful and I hope things calm down (literally) for him soon. Btw - I giggled a little too, but I also thought good for her for being open and honest.