PDA

View Full Version : Questions about boils

tgal
08-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a question. As many of you know I have yet to get a complete diagnosis of Lupus. They have said that I have SCLE, Fibro, High Blood pressure, seizures and on and on but the official Lupus diagnosis is still evading me. Having said that I was placed on plaq. and low dose pred. back in Dec and by March my rashes and lesions went away (as well as most of the joint pain). Recently the joint pain and fatigue began again. Then 2 months ago I began getting boils. First one was on my neck and it left a scar. 2nd one was between my eyes and it is still scarred. I am now on numbers 6, 7 and 8 (all on my face and head). The one behind my ear became abscessed and I am on antibiotics. I guess my question is this: Is it common to have boils with Lupus? I have had rashes and lesions and I had the boils back when I first became sick and now that I am flaring they are returning. I just want to know if this is simply a side effect of my immune system not working properly or is this a "Lupus thing".

jmail
08-14-2010, 01:19 PM
The "Lupus thing" *is* an "immune system" thang. It goes out of whack and turns on you. Sort of like what my pancreas does when it tries to digest me... Anyway, has your doc(s) ever seen the boils? Have you discussed them with him/her? Are you sure they're boils? How often do you get in the sun?

tgal
08-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi jmail. I understand about the lupus thing being an immune thing. I already have the rashes and am photosensitive so I stay almost completely out of the sun just like many others. My question was simply is the boil just another kind of skin issue that we deal with or is this simply my immune system being wacked. Yes, I went to the doctor this last week and back to my rhumey next Friday.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with my original question