PDA

View Full Version : My "Doctor Day", my wife and I...

jmail
08-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey, all! Good news, sort of... lolol - "Symptoms as whole, in conjunction with +ANA and other results suggest SLE, however, not strong enough to warrant additional therapeutic intervention..." blah blah blah... So I've got it "mild" for the time being, no kidney involvement, no heart involvement, so for a person in my place, not bad... Take my meds, my vitamins & supplements, eat "properly balanced" diet, get my exercise in, don't fall off no more ladders, and I'm good to go for now....

Hunniebun
08-10-2010, 01:41 PM
That's good to hear in its own way! It's not something we want to have but mild is better than severe.
You fell off a ladder? Ouch.

Angel Oliver
08-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes like Hunniebun said good to hear in a way.Hope you are ok after the ladder fall.
love
Amanda.xx

jmail
08-10-2010, 07:03 PM
The ladder was many many moons ago, but was near the beginning of it all, and just kind of accelerated things a bit. It's taken since late January until just a couple of weeks ago for me to start feeling more than half-dead, and to start feeling half-alive now. Still got the aches and pains, but the "fog" has lifted and I'm "stable" (except mentally), getting some much needed exercise. No worsening of the anemia, slight improvement on the +ANA (lab differentials??), so I'm happy 'n' chillin'... Between the wife and I, we had 3 doctor's appointments and got to do lunch together. It was great.

Hillbillie
08-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm glad you are stable. Maybe it'll all be better for you now. I hope so. If you have a brain left you are doing good. Some days I was wondering if I had lost my mind. I'd sound stupid to myself so I'd say I know I am not right in the head. Then finally the fog begin to lift and I was more myself... like you said not mentally stable but at least a mental case.
Its good to hear good news!
Enjoy your life, you wife and take time to smile. Billie

jmail
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
... Enjoy your life, you wife and take time to smile...
You betcha. Thanks. Yeah, it's not like someone waved a magic wand and it's all better now, but I'll take the little triumphs and celebrate what I do have. I'm fortunate to have a fully understanding spouse (she's got fibromyalgia). Unfortunately, we'll eventually need someone to take care of *both* of us... lolol

Angel Oliver
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Silly question.....how did you get the fog to lift? Ive got my fog lights on bright right now!! xx

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey jmail,
It's good to hear some good news from you! I hope that you and your wife continue to take good care of each other and get better - that can make all the difference in the world.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Jmail;
I am always happy to hear good news and thank you for yours. I hope that you remain coded as "mild" for a very long time and that any changes are those that reduce you to a state of remission. I am happy for both you and your wife :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

jmail
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks, Saysusie

Silly question.....how did you get the fog to lift? Ive got my fog lights on bright right now!! xx
I'm not sure, but I've been eating "correctly" lately, with much more salmon and chicken, and adding in some *real* fruit & veggies (YIKES!!!). I avoided cheeseburgers and pizza completely for almost a week, but couldn't resist the other day, and had a cheeseburger the day of the doctor's visits. We had pizza the other night, and I don't know if it's the tomato paste, the cheese, the dough crust, a combination of the above, or what, but the fog came back for a few days. Now that I've been "back on track" for a couple of days, it's easing off. Now to figure-out about the headache.... lolol

Hey jmail,
... I hope that you and your wife continue to take good care of each other and get better - that can make all the difference in the world.
You bet it does. The only problem is, it's tough sometimes getting someone to do the dishes at night.... lolol
"Ooooh, my back *aches* so bad!" - "Not as bad as my ~feet~ hurt!", that kinda thang... lolol wink