PDA

View Full Version : Stressed

ritzbit
08-10-2010, 05:35 AM
I have sooo much summer homework to still finish for my AP classes and there's no way Im going to have time to get it all done. Im stressing soo much trying to get everything done by next week. Its awful. And my car is not usable right now becuz all the transmission fluid leaked yesterday. And my phone stopped working right before that. And I have felt like crap since right before that about to throw up lol =( Not a good day. I dont know how to fix my stupid car and dont know whats wrong with my phone. I've been having really bad stomach pain since before everything with the car and phone happened last night and feel like Im going to be sick. When one bad thing happens several others tend to follow.

:grumpy:

SandyR
08-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I have sooo much summer homework to still finish for my AP classes and there's no way Im going to have time to get it all done. Im stressing soo much trying to get everything done by next week. Its awful. And my car is not usable right now becuz all the transmission fluid leaked yesterday. And my phone stopped working right before that. And I have felt like crap since right before that about to throw up lol =( Not a good day. I dont know how to fix my stupid car and dont know whats wrong with my phone. I've been having really bad stomach pain since before everything with the car and phone happened last night and feel like Im going to be sick. When one bad thing happens several others tend to follow.

:grumpy:

It's like the saying goes, when it rains, it pours. I am sorry things are not great at the moment. For the car - sounds like you need to see a mechanic. For the phone - call the phone company from a landline. They might be able to walk you through your phone problems or if it's under warranty, they might be able to ship you another one. And for your stress - try to breathe and sleep well and eat well and rest and drink fluids. You will get what you need to get done done. Maybe if you make yourself a list of what you need to do and a timeline, you feel more comfortable about getting it all done in the time you have. Best of luck with all those things!
Sandy

ritzbit
08-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll try that. I've called cincinnati bell twice today and couldnt get through. I would drive there tonight. But dont have a car. And I need to go to the library every night this week if I want to get all this work done becuz I dont have Microsoft Word on my computer but I dont have a car to get there.

SandyR
08-10-2010, 02:07 PM
can you write it out in works and convert it? (just thinking but I don't really know if you can or if you have works). or just write it by hand and type later if you didn't already. is the library in walking or biking distance? I really hate being without a car too. :(

Angel Oliver
08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Oh im sorry all this happened to you.Sandy''s suggestion is a good one...or maybe ask for more time.Can you do that? xx

ritzbit
08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
If I ask for more time I'll hear "you had all summer". But I've been working on it as much as I could all summer. I took a 5 week night bio class so it took up alot of my time. My dad came and filled up all the stuff it needed but said not to drive unless I need to. So im going to the library and staying there til it closes lol

mountaindreamer
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
hi ritz,

so sorry to hear about all of the mechanical and tummy problems....i have a truck that i have to keep filling with various fluids. As long as you keep the fluids full, you should be ok to drive it locally for awhile. The phone - i can't help a bit, i have the worst luck with phones/cable companies, etc.

sorry to hear about the tummy, i hope you feel better really soon. Maybe once some of this stress goes away, your stomach will settle down. However, keep an eye on what is going on, cause there could be other issues going on that are causing your problems. I suffered for months thinking that my lupus was eating away at something in my stomach, turns out i had gall stones and had to have surgery. During this very busy time in your life, don't forget to pay attention to your body.

Surely, with a medical explanation, your instructor would control his/her remarks about you asking for an extension turning in your summer assignment. And, if they have to be so rude as to say something, just accept it as their problem, and get as much extra time as you can.

ritzbit
08-14-2010, 06:54 PM
The only good thing about this weekend was getting my phone fixed and seeing my boyfriend. Car is still leaking like crazy and Im nowhere near being done with homework. I was working at the library and lost 3 pages of work and gave up trying to finish what I was working on for the day becuz I was so frustrated. I hope I can finish by wednesday =(

jmail
08-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I had a situation once ritzbit when I got the flu, where I was way behind on a paper due by the end of a certain week. I didn't know what I'd do. I had done some research, had some notes, but I didn't think I had enough material to "fill" my report out. I just basically "winged" it and turned in a minimally-sized paper, which I was afraid wasn't even going to be "D" material. Lo and behold, the next week, the instructor holds up my paper in front of the class, and says something like "Now, people. *THIS* is what I mean by a report. No fluff, no garbage. Direct and to the point. Excellent work!" and gave me an "A" for it... I never said *nuthin'* to him, 'bout the circumstances of it's brevity... lol

Here's to you being able to pull it off. Even if you have to beg the instructor to allow you to turn it in a bit late and lose a grade letter on it, try to get it in. We're praying for you.

ritzbit
08-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I've been working on it as much as possible and Im relatively close to being done. I have 2 more days to get it done. Wish me luck! Im trying not to stress. I dont want a bad grade to start the school year off with, yet I dont want to cause a flare up at the start of the school year either. So Im trying to just take what I get done and not worry about it. But its hard. Becuz Im a worrier and an over achiever lol I dont want a bad grade I want to get A's in my AP classes this year. I know with winter coming up though that I cant afford to stress like last year. Winter was horrible I was sick almost the whole time.

SandyR
08-16-2010, 07:42 AM
I've been working on it as much as possible and Im relatively close to being done. I have 2 more days to get it done. Wish me luck! Im trying not to stress. I dont want a bad grade to start the school year off with, yet I dont want to cause a flare up at the start of the school year either. So Im trying to just take what I get done and not worry about it. But its hard. Becuz Im a worrier and an over achiever lol I dont want a bad grade I want to get A's in my AP classes this year. I know with winter coming up though that I cant afford to stress like last year. Winter was horrible I was sick almost the whole time.

Like you said - try not to stress. I have complete confidence in you that you will get it done and it will be outstanding. Just try to stay focused and keep the worry away and you will be done before you know it.

ritzbit
08-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Im almost done with english work. Next is spanish and math. I have a really bad headache.

mountaindreamer
08-16-2010, 02:09 PM
hang in there girl,

you have matured so much in the past year, and you have learned how to minimize your flare ups...you are doing a great job, and i know your grades will all be really good. hope you can rest very soon.

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey Ritzbit,
You sound so much like my oldest girl - the perfectionist valedictorian. We once had to get her some counseling to learn to stop overdoing it and stressing herself out. It didn't work - she still overworks herself.
Take it easy on yourself - I'm sure that what you consider to be a poor job will be much better than most of your classmates. I was an AP teacher. I could count on it that when I asked for the summer work, 3 out of 4 of my students would say "I forgot". I always had to extend the due date.
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Hope the headache eases soon and you take your time with the work,try pace yourself and keep reading the fab replies you are getting.

love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

ritzbit
08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Almost done with spanished. havent gotten to math yet. need to finish a few things with english. Im not ready for school tomorrow.