PDA

View Full Version : medication interaction question

kim,l
08-08-2010, 03:31 AM
am taking high dosage antibiotic for bronchial infection amoxicillin andclavulanic acid, also ventolin, and prednisone higher dosage than normal as well as benadryl i am also taking my mexotrexate tonight am worried about mixing all these medications as i also normally take plaquenil. cardizem, thyroxine cartia aspirin, somac, atacand for blood pressure. does anyone have any idea if this is going to affect me am very worried about interaction thankyou kim l

jmail
08-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Your doctor is the place to go for answers of course, but...

I'm not sure about your mix, or any mix for that matter, but you could google "drug interactions" or some such, and get places like:
http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
and "plug-in" you particular drugs and their doses. Be forewarned that a lot of sites like that do all sorts of pop-ups and active-x thingies...

Edit: Take all their "findings" with a grain of salt, of course, since they aren't a "medical professional"...

Hillbillie
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Kim,
Call your pharmacy they can tell you quickly. If you get all your med's at the same place they will be able to tell you of any interactions just by looking up your name. Hope this helps. Take care, Billie

mountaindreamer
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
hi kim,

jmail and hillbillie gave you some great advice. I hope you were able to get your question answered, and that there was no problem with all of your medications. I had one dr. to tell me that i should always be cautious about adding any medication to the already "very strong" mix of meds that i am on. You were very wise to seek some answers before mixing the mtx with everything else.

Please get back with us, and let us know how you are doing?