PDA

View Full Version : Inflammitory indicators

Nonna
08-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Ok, saw the rheumy today. My current symptoms may or not be lupus related. There is no way to tell because even when I'm not flaring my inflamitory indicators are sky high. I can live with this except that I'm curious about these indicators.

Any one know anything????

Thanks for any info,
nonna..... Still twiching away

jmail
08-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Foods can elevate them. I'm just learning about that aspect, although I've been dealing with the consequences for a while now. Seasonal allergies and even your dental hygiene can play a role. Did they mention any "auto-immune" signs in the blood? I'm still researching/learning about all this stuff myself. Thus far, I've read about all sorts of blood tests, and even recognize some of the names of them from ones that I've had. I've even read about what they're done for, and what to expect, given certain results. However, *retaining* all that info is still beyond me, and I'm still just as confused as when I started... lol - I'll bet Saysusie or Rob will have the knowledge & be able to impart its meaning to us...

Edit: My wife just handed me her July/August issue of "Neurology Now" magazine (she's an EEG Tech), and they have an article on lupus. A very interesting read, with some info I didn't have. I'm not sure if there's a way to get reprints, or if it's available online somewhere, but I'll try to find out. In the article, they make the statement: "Inflammation is a non-specific immune response that may include increased blood supply to an area of the body." Rather succinct. One thing about that for women is the increased risk of heart disease of several varieties, and one of the doctors advises his lupus patients to "behave as though they've already had a heart attack"... Very interesting.

Wow! what a stroke: Two's A Crowd... (http://journals.lww.com/neurologynow/Fulltext/2010/07040/Lupus_and_Your_Heart__Two_s_a_crowd_when_it_comes. 13.aspx). It is available online, but I don't know how they work their site. They do have a link for a "free" subscription online (http://journals.lww.com/neurologynow/Pages/subscriptionservices.aspx), and all you have to have is a neurological disorder... most lupies have that!... lol

slada
08-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Dear friends,I have same problem too and nobody know what wrong.
My ESR is 36
my hs-CRP is 15.5
my ASO titre is 191
So I can't believe nobody know answer.
I ask for getting tested for LYME disease.Many people have for years and they don't remember being bite by tick and after so many doctors they read on computer and request,finally being told they have Lyme.
My ANA IS NEGATIVE and I been told I have no Lupus but I request being tested again and different test ANTI-DS DNA
I have no idea what to do next if those tests are negative.
Slada