PDA

View Full Version : Finally Back

mommaD
08-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Been awhile, not working anymore. Since last here I now have FibroM. and Crest syndrome. So much pain had to quit work after surgery for carpal tunnel. Never got better. I now found out my daughter has F.M. also. Trying to keep her up. She now knows what I go through and where I come from some days when quiet. She has three kids- don't know how she does it with all the noise and running around she has to do. I told her that to. So we glue a smile on our face and no-one knows we hurt like ell.
Hope you all are hanging in there. Thank you for being here. Love MommaD

Angel Oliver
08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Welcome back Momma D,

Sorry to hear you n your daughter both have fibroM i also have it.Life is strange isnt it.We plan it out n sickness comes along n completely changes our plans. I like the glus a smile....i have a bag of smiles for different days lol. Whats meds have you been given to cope with your pain? How does your daughter cope? It amazes me how mothers with children cope, yet i have no children and struggle like hell.So glad your back.....keep posting we will support you.
love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxx

mommaD
08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Well have to go but the main one for the pain is morphine. Also have another. How do you sleep. My daughter and I have each other for support. My daughter makes her self deal with it all. Told her God doesn't give us more than we can handle but our shoulders are staring to droop.(LOL) I'm57 and she is 34. How old r u? Hang in there, will check back in -later. Bye 4 now MommaD

Serenity81
08-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Gosh, I think that's the thing that terrifies me the most about even thinking about having kids... I struggle on a daily basis to take care of myself, my husband, the house, the dog and going to school & work... I can't imagine adding a child to that!! But, I've heard that it's different when you have children, you live your life for them.

DrinkofWtr
08-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Momma D,

I have fibromyalgia and lupus too. It is a bitch isn't it. I used to glue on a smile, but can't manage to do that anymore. I also used to be a Pollyanna, but I can't be that anymore either. Between lupus, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, kidney stone, and hypoglycemia, I can't keep up the facade anymore.

Angel Oliver
08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Momma D,

Im on Morphine patches, its a sister of the morphine group and sleep....non existant really its hell,insomnia city.7am this morning i fell asleep for a couple of hours.My Doctor is sending me to a fibromyalgia hospital as everyone else hasnt helped me so far.Ive tried many sleep meds.Nitrazepam to Zolpedem.....so i take the Nitrazepam still in hope it catches up with me n knocks me out lol.What do you take and hows your sleep?
xxxxxx