PDA

View Full Version : Back to my old dr. and started chemo

scubagramplit
08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
As you all know I am now unemployed and have moved to Alturas, Ca. where we have family and can help each other. I also went back to my old dr. who seems to be the only one that believes that I have lupus, he has been with me from the beginning so he knows what I have been through, that was on tues. the 3rd and we decided to start me on generic cytoxin, 50mg twice a day and one antibiotic a day to help from getting sick. I am not down about this cause everybody says that I can not stay on pred. as it will do bad things to me and I am not able to taper off of it so I am optomistic about the chemo. Am waiting to see if I will be approved for Ca. dissability and then will start to see if I can get cal-med and then start the daunting process of SSDI. The one thing that sucks is I have worked hard all my life to provide for my family and now I am relying on family to help me get through all this. God has a way of teaching us a lesson doesn't he?

Nonna
08-05-2010, 10:31 AM
God always has a plan. We just have to accept it.
Don't forget, Matthew 11:28-30

nonna

jmail
08-05-2010, 02:04 PM
The Lord definitely can keep us humble... Apparently, I need an extra dose every once in a while... lolol - I've always said that the Lord knows he can't trust me with money, see-inz as how I've never had much... lolol - Always have to spend any extra on medical stuff... We'll be praying for you scubagramplit. Good luck on the chemo. Family is good.

Bonita
08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Without God in my life and my faith i would not be able to handle this or the bitterness in my family. The stress of that just adds so much more to this. I will keep you on my prayer list and hope you will do better. How long were you on pred now it is 1,026 days i am on it along with methotrexate and plaquinel and my joint pain is not getting any better. Love and prayers Bonita

scubagramplit
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers:~)
Bonita, I don't know how many days, all I do know it has been around a year now being on prednisone. also taking plaquinel, quinicrine, cymbalta for the lupus. taking amloipine, hydrachlorothiazine and low dose aspirin for a leaking bicuspid aortic heart valve, And just to think it took all that to prove I had a heart. haha. I am feeling a little bit better today, I am sure it will take a couple of days to get used to the new meds. and all. after a couple days the doc wants me to back down to 15 mg prednisone.

Hillbillie
08-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Jim,
Its great to have family. Sometimes God has to strip away the excess and get us to the point we see what is important in life. Change never comes easy for me and sometimes i wonder WHY? But then I say Why not! I have had to do things, go through things that I never thought I'd have to do but what don't kill you makes you stronger... Thru it all God is so good. He is there in the bad times and good times and thru him we are family too.
I'm glad at least you have a doctor that is willing to listen to you. I know some doctors are too cautious about labeling people with Lupus but looks to me if it acts like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck it pretty well is a duck. If they are willing to medicate you for Lupus... then??? I don't understand it all.
Hang in there! There WILL be a brighter day, Billie

scubagramplit
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks Billie for the support and encouraging words. It is nice also to have this extended family here at WHL.

SandyR
08-10-2010, 08:36 AM
God has faith in man more than we have faith in him. He reminds us of that from time to time when we feel especially challenged. Just remember, he loves you greatly and as Bonita said, he is here for you at all times. You are in my prayers.

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey my friend Jim,
How are you doing? I hope that the chemo is working for you by now. I know that the combination of plaquinel and MTX seem to help me.
Take good care of yourself and good luck with the disability and all. Things will probably work out for the best.
Sending gentle hugs your way,
Marla