PDA

View Full Version : just a status update.

SandyR
08-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Lately I feel like this.

~ Achy stiff joints. I swear I can tell when the rain is coming better than the weather man. The pressure on my joints increases with the severity of the storm. This sucks. It hurts and there's nothing I can really do to avoid it. Except maybe move to the desert.

~ Lungs are grabbing for air constantly. The humidity has me feeling like I have a sponge strapped to the front of my nose and in my lungs. Grabbing air is hard to do on very humid days. I don't have AC at home and it's not an option so work is a blessing with it's nice central air system constantly running. I have gotten three or four sinus infections this summer and am considering the doctors suggestion to start allergy shots as he thinks it will calm the sinus attacks.

~ I'm tired. All I want to do is sleep. Getting up is very hard. Falling asleep is hard. I am super stressed with a lot of family things that have happened in the last 2 or 3 weeks and that stress is really beginning to get to me. On top of that, I am constantly on edge that my phone will ring since my sister is due to give birth literally any moment and I feel like I have to jump in the car and run like a superhero to a crime scene. When I am sleeping, it's hard, deep, long sleep but I wake up feeling like it was a 2 minute nap and want more sleep.

~ The stomach aches and rashes and mouth sores have been coming and going all summer but are (of course) never reliable enough to be there when I have a dr appt. The dermy wants me to draw blood - ANA - because I have seriously burned two or three times even with SPF of 45 and 50 on. I haven't called the rheumy because my visible symptoms are playing peek-a-boo. I have an appt this fall. I have a feeling I will be feeling a lot better then too. Frustrating to feel like crap and look normal. For once, I would like to be able to show the doc what I mean so he knows I am not crazy or lying.

So that's what's going on. Things are busy at work, at home too. Busy is good but I am feeling drained. I am looking forward to my niece's arrival, possibly even today if the doctors decide to induce her (she'll know this afternoon). Some good news and some days to just pamper a new baby and forget my own pains are exactly what I need right now.

Shani
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that way Sandy, sending all my love and hugs to you.<3 Just take it easy and don't stress too much over things, focus on happy things! Like the newborn baby that will be introduced to this world any time soon now.=)I'm sure it'll get your mind off things once you have the oppertunity to hold the baby in your arms.
Hugs<33

Bonita
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and you have something to look forward to with a new baby on the way in your family. Love and prayers Bonita

Angel Oliver
08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh my little Superhero Sandy,

You know i so identify with some of your thread.I so hope you feel more bareable soon.In the Uk we dont get that humid weather not as much as you....in fact maybe a week a year lol...always raining here so far lately. But do you have some meds for your breathing?An inhaler? Its a shame we dont have little holes at our joints so we can just put a bit of oil in them lol :) Oh and a HUGE button to switch us off at sleep time and a Rfresh button as well to make us wake like we slept a week lol.
You have been so busy lately, try have some you time and rest ready for the new arrival......you must be all so excited. Thinking of you lots.
Love
Amanda.xxxxxx

Saysusie
08-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Oh Sandy....come let me put my arms around you so that I can give you some comfort and understanding. {{{{hugs}}} filled with compassion

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
08-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry that you feel that way Sandy, sending all my love and hugs to you.<3 Just take it easy and don't stress too much over things, focus on happy things! Like the newborn baby that will be introduced to this world any time soon now.=)I'm sure it'll get your mind off things once you have the oppertunity to hold the baby in your arms.
Hugs<33
Thanks Shani. The baby is definately a bright spot to focus on right now.

SandyR
08-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and you have something to look forward to with a new baby on the way in your family. Love and prayers Bonita

Thank you Bonita! Prayers are always greatly appreciated and welcomed. :)

SandyR
08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Oh my little Superhero Sandy,

You know i so identify with some of your thread.I so hope you feel more bareable soon.In the Uk we dont get that humid weather not as much as you....in fact maybe a week a year lol...always raining here so far lately. But do you have some meds for your breathing?An inhaler? Its a shame we dont have little holes at our joints so we can just put a bit of oil in them lol :) Oh and a HUGE button to switch us off at sleep time and a Rfresh button as well to make us wake like we slept a week lol.
You have been so busy lately, try have some you time and rest ready for the new arrival......you must be all so excited. Thinking of you lots.
Love
Amanda.xxxxxx

Amanda you're so funny b/c I think of you as a little super women. LOL. I have an inhaler, but it is really not an everyday inhaler so I only use it when I feel particularly challenged to draw breathe. It's already packed to come with me tomorrow for the baby. Oil in the joints sounds wonderful! Like the tin man. LOL. If I find a way to work that out, you will be the first one I share it with.

SandyR
08-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh Sandy....come let me put my arms around you so that I can give you some comfort and understanding. {{{{hugs}}} filled with compassion

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Carlotta you are such a blessing. Thank you for the compassion filled hugs. It's so nice to be understood. {{{HUGS}}} right back at you. BTW- how was your hubby's birthday?

Linda From Australia
08-06-2010, 05:22 AM
WOW a new baby in the family. How exciting. Let us know when and what she has. Hopefully this will lift your mood and give you some spring in your steps.

debbie-b
08-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Sandy,

It really stinks, that you have all these problems right now.
We are all in the same predicament, when it comes to showing our rashes, swelling or other weird things, that happen to us and when we finally get in to the doctors office, sometimes after weeks or months, everything looks normal.
The doctor looks at you, like ??????????????????
Is the baby here yet?
I hope that you are feeling better.

Debbie

SandyR
08-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Sandy,

It really stinks, that you have all these problems right now.
We are all in the same predicament, when it comes to showing our rashes, swelling or other weird things, that happen to us and when we finally get in to the doctors office, sometimes after weeks or months, everything looks normal.
The doctor looks at you, like ??????????????????
Is the baby here yet?
I hope that you are feeling better.

Debbie

The baby is here! Laylanna Marie was born at 11:16am on 8/8/10 and is happy and healthy. Mommy and baby are excelling at hitting their post-birth goals. Mommy was induced on Thursday night and tried very hard for natural labor but baby was just not ready and was born by section. As soon as I get my home laptop working again, I will post pics. If you are my FB friend, you can see her on there. I'm feeling ok. A little extra tired with the lack of sleep the last few days and all the sitting time in the hospital waiting waiting waiting but am still high on the new life so all else is good. I hope you are well too.

Saysusie
08-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Many congratulations Sandy; I can feel the pride and happiness in your post. I will look for the pics on your FB page!!

BTW..hubby's birthday was great! We went to Las Vegas and celebrated there. Thank you for asking :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Oh congratulations Auntie yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :) What a beautiful name.Hope both baby and Mommy are doing well and im so happy for you Sandy.Make sure you get some rest.Such fab news.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

magistramarla
08-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Congratulations Auntie Sandy!
That is a beautiful name. Take good care of yourself and enjoy spoiling that little bundle of joy.
Hugs,
Marla