PDA

View Full Version : Chatbox

admin
07-28-2010, 11:45 PM
You'll notice a new chatbox on the top of the main forum page. You can see it by clicking the "Forum" box on the top navigation bar which will bring you to the main front page.

There is also a link on the top navigation that says "ChatBox Full" if you want to view just the chat page. Currently the chatbox is only visible to members that are logged into our website.

I haven't used chatboxes in the past because they slow websites down a lot - but this one seems to be working well on my other forums. I haven't noticed anything slowing down.

Linda From Australia
07-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Gee this is FANTASTIC - and I can't wait to use it.
But there is one problem. Because I live in Western Australia, when I am able to chat the others will be sleeping. And when I am sleeping, everyone else will be chatting. Have fun everyone, I will just have to chat to myself. OR - those of you who have insomnia, I will chat to you then.

rob
07-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Cool feature Conrad!

SandyR
07-29-2010, 08:43 AM
You'll notice a new chatbox on the top of the main forum page. You can see it by clicking the "Forum" box on the top navigation bar which will bring you to the main front page.

There is also a link on the top navigation that says "ChatBox Full" if you want to view just the chat page. Currently the chatbox is only visible to members that are logged into our website.

I haven't used chatboxes in the past because they slow websites down a lot - but this one seems to be working well on my other forums. I haven't noticed anything slowing down.

awesome job with the chatbox! now can we fix the smilies? ;)

Nonna
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Great news Conrad! But agree with Sandy.

Would you, could you, please work on fixing the smilies

nonna

Linda From Australia
07-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I had a good chat this morning - or at night time depending on what part of the world you live in.
It is really good

Angel Oliver
07-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh Conrad its fab.I had a chat with Linda and then i chatted to myself as noone else was ere lol.Please can you help me with uploading my photos? I know how to do it just then photo shows a number n no photo? Thanks for your hard work once again.xxxxx

jmail
07-29-2010, 05:11 PM
awesome job with the chatbox! now can we fix the smilies? ;)
Smilies? I thought those x's were kisses... lol :wink:

PS: I thought there was something wrong with my IE8 again when I first logged-in... lol - Looks good, admin Conrad. Thanks.