PDA

View Full Version : Retiring and Future Plans After Retirement

DrinkofWtr
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I have been going through the process of retiring. After I have my surgery, my plan is to take care of my 90 years old Mom and Dad for as long as I can, even though my brother is interferring and wants them to go to a retirement home. I will probably have to move in with them pretty soon. If they end up in a retirement home it will bankrupt them, but my brother doesn't care. Unfortunately, they named him the power-of-attorney for their affairs. It's going to be a battle and I hate seeing my Mom and Dad upset over this issue. If any of you have gone through something like this and have any advice for me, please send me a message, either privately or by replying to this thread. Thanks, in advance, for any support or advice I recieve.

mountaindreamer
07-29-2010, 08:10 PM
hi drink,

i have witnessed too many bad situations between kids and their elderly parents. If your parents don't want to go to a retirement home, then they should change their power of attorney, cause your brother will send them there....i have watched these situations completely tear a family apart.

If you ever need to vent, please feel free to send me a PM....your parents are lucky that you care about their happiness and quality of life.