PDA

View Full Version : Update on Surgery and other Things

DrinkofWtr
07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I had to go through a horrendous approval process for surgery. I am now approved and will be put on the surgery schedule. Hopefully, I won't have to wait for too much longer. The stent that was put in me previously is painful. It is like a built-in catheter.

My boyfriend just applied for Social Security Disability, as he has been on Workman's Compensation for about a year now and is still having lots of problems with his carpal tunnel, even though he has had surgery on both hands.

Regarding Dad. He had a scare. He went in for a prothrombin test and his blood levels weren't right. He had to go to the hospital and have a Vitamin K shot and some other things done with his blood. It was a life threateing situation.

Well life goes on. Talk to you all later.

My daughter is in Europe right now. She went on a two week vacation to Ireland, the Netherlands and Germany. She was in the Netherlands during the World Cup. She said it was crazy with the World Cup going on. Couldn't get from one place in town to another.

jmail
07-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Sorry about your process, but everything will work out. We'll be praying for you...

SandyR
07-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Hi DoW!
I am glad to hear you were finally approved for the surgery. Have they given you a date? Don't hesitate to call and remind them how important this procedure is to you if they haven't. I'm sorry to hear the BF is still having problems with the hands. My uncle just had his 2nd hand operated on for CT too and I know from him how long and painful that recovery is. Are they still doing PT for your BF? How's dad now? I am not familiar with that test he had, but it sounds very serious from what you said. Is he home now? I am glad to hear that your daughter is having a good time. What an awesome experience. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

DrinkofWtr
07-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Dad has been home for a long time. He just had to go to the hospital for the Vitamin K shot and that is where they monitor his blood as a walk-in procedure. My boyfriend is not currently getting anymore physical therapy. The Dr. had two recent requests turned down by Workman's Compensation. They don't want to spend a dime and are such a cumbersome system to get anything done in. They even forgot to send him his check and it tooks weeks to straighten that out. The girl responsible for seeing that he got his biweekly check was on vacation. What a worthless system!

SandyR
07-21-2010, 08:53 AM
what a frustrating experience! It's like they punish you for being sick. Glad to hear dad is home.

Angel Oliver
07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Glad to hear your Dad is home and im sorry you have been through such a stressful time.You are in my thoughts my friend.
love
Amanda.xxxxx

mountaindreamer
07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
hi drink,

so sorry to hear about your BF's struggles with his CT, and subsequent frustrations with workman's comp and Social security. Please let us know when your surgery is scheduled....you are in my thoughts, and i am wishing for you some peace in your life.