PDA

View Full Version : Rash!!!

Sarah2010
07-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone. I woke up with a strange rash today. ITs mainly covering the inside of one of my arms down my armpit area and on my breast. I also have it on my thighs down to about my knees. I have been googling rashes all day, and I think it might be hives. Ive never had hives before. I took a dose of benadryl, but all that did was make me fall asleep!! I still have it. I'll post a few pics, check them out if you want, i'd love some input. TTYS. PS. It dosnt itch....
-Sarah

Linda From Australia
07-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi Sarah, it has been 2 hours since your post about your rash. Has there been any improvement or development? I hope you start feeling better soon, especially so you can enjoy your little boy.

Sarah2010
07-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi linda.
I took more benadryl before bed last night, and besides having on of the best nights sleep in a long time, I still have the darned rash. It hasn't subsided at all. Guess i'll have to stick it out one more day, the call the Dr. on Monday. I did post 2 pics if anyone cares to analyze. TTYS
-Sarah

jmail
07-18-2010, 09:26 AM
That is a bit different for a rash, from my perspective Sarah2010. I'll do similar on my forearms after being out in the sun, but not quite so pronounced. I'll usually get little white callous-like bumps interspersed with mine. Any stress in your life lately? (silly question) Do you remember what you ate the day before? Perhaps there's a reaction there? The rash would be gone by now though, I would think. Even a new article of clothing might cause that, but generally only where the cloth touched the skin, and then it would subside after removal. Any new jewelry, perfume, etc.? Have you worked in the garden lately, or anything similar?... Any other symptoms?

My rhuemy would look at that and go "OOOOH! Can I scrape it?"... lol

Sarah2010
07-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Hello jmail.
I went down the list like u also..no new clothes, didnt change laundry soap, I wouldnt dare go out in the sun, not gardening....I read online that it is possible to suddenly develop an allergy to medications. The most common being antiobiotics, which i am currently taking, and the other being NSAID like advil, which I practically live on. So today decided not to take the antibiotics, and I switched to tylenol instead of the advil today. ooahh, and i decided to go for a low dose of steriods for the nxt few days. I know i shouldnt try to be a detective and perscribe and unperscribe medications, but I figure I'ts Sunday, and I'll give my poor Dr a break. I am going to call him first thing in the a.m. As for other symptoms, well i have a TON of other symptoms lol..but im not sure if they pertain to the rash. TTYS
-Sarah

jmail
07-18-2010, 09:58 PM
My wife Lori can't do sulfa meds. What antibiotic are you taking?

Sarah2010
07-19-2010, 06:17 AM
I was taking liquid amoxicilin...Yeah...I get my meds in liquids.....dont ask. lol!!I called the Dr this a.m and am waiting to hear back. Im anxious to hear what he has to say. TTYS
-Sarah

Saysusie
07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Have you heard from the doctor? If so, what has been decided?

Sarah2010
07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Hello. Wheww..It's been a rough two days. Let me tell you, that getting to and from the Drs. office was terrible!! It was hot and sunny and I stayed covered in the pasangers seat with a blanket, and the sun still was getting on me making me feel miserable. ANYWAYS.....It turns out, that my rash is not hives, mr. dr. suspects that it is some sort of a lupus rash...I went to the family dr, but I see my rhumatologist on Tursday, so I guess I will get a more clear answer then. What my dr did find was that I was severly dehydrated and that I have a sinus infection!!! I have been feeling like crap for the past few weeks, with a fever chills, sore throat, body aches, vomiting, cough etc. but I didnt think it was anything major..I thought it was all lupus related...boy was I wrong! SO I got a Z pack and am trying to knock this thing out as soon as possible. I felt so terrible yesterday, and today up until a few minutes ago, that I have hardly lifted my head off of this pillow except to use the rest room. SO...everything happens for a reason, and the rash was "my" reason to call the Dr. and thankfully I did because he found a more serious problem, and now it can be treated. Like I said, I see my Rhumy on thursday, so more on the rash then. Until then, Its time for another antibiotic and a nap. TTYS
-Sarah

jmail
07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Be prepared to take your pics with you to the doc's. If you're like me, the rash will clear the day before the visit...
Good luck on beating off the sinus troubles.

SandyR
07-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Be prepared to take your pics with you to the doc's. If you're like me, the rash will clear the day before the visit...
Good luck on beating off the sinus troubles.

jmail - That happens to me too. Thankfully, cell phone cameras capture a decent enough pic to show the docs. These pics have been the source of a lot of my doctors actually believing I am not crazy!

Sarah - ugh! sinus infections stink! I get them chronically, especially at times like know when I become a little lackadasical about my allergy meds. I hope you feel better soon.