PDA

View Full Version : Infections that travel???

Nonna
07-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible for some infections to travel around through the body. My UTI has cleared up; but now my digestive tract seems to be under attack. Though it could be a reaction to the last antibiotic. Could be this, could be that??!!! I'm getting awfully fustrated.

Nonna

Need to go and try to sleep

debbie-b
07-12-2010, 04:23 AM
You know, you just gave me something to think about.
I have had a UTI a few weeks ago, but didn't go to the doctor, because I didn't want to take antibiotics again. I did drink alot of cranberry juice and within three days my pain
and other symptoms where gone.
But then I have gotten bronchitis and had to take antibiotics anyway.
Maybe, if the first infection does not get treated, it spreads to other places.

Debbie

jmail
07-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Not saying that that is what happened to you folks, but I've got an 8-year old that has impetigo, and you just never know where the next sore will pop up... Anything that gets into the blood stream can show up anywhere. Any anemia can affect the way your body fights (or doesn't, in my case) an infection. Lupus make's the situation worse, I sure.

Nonna
07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I think you're right jmail

Saysusie
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree..and logically, it does make sense especially given the fact that many viruses, bacteria, parasites, etc. show up in the blood stream!! Something to think about huh?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

jmail
07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Now that I look at this again Nonna, one thing a person has to be careful with when dealing with infections is a possible yeast "bloom" after using antibiotics. Since I basically have a non-functioning immune system as far as bacteria is concerned, I have to do antibiotics quite frequently, and the last two times, I've ended up with a yeast bloom afterwards. The one time, I went from a viral pneumonia, to a bacterial, to a yeast. Dealing with the yeast bloom thus far has been much easier than the bacteria, though...

Nonna
07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Except if you're allergic to the meds used to treat the yeast bloom like me.

jmail
07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
OUCH!!! That doesn't leave much room for error, do it?...

SandyR
07-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Now that I look at this again Nonna, one thing a person has to be careful with when dealing with infections is a possible yeast "bloom" after using antibiotics. Since I basically have a non-functioning immune system as far as bacteria is concerned, I have to do antibiotics quite frequently, and the last two times, I've ended up with a yeast bloom afterwards. The one time, I went from a viral pneumonia, to a bacterial, to a yeast. Dealing with the yeast bloom thus far has been much easier than the bacteria, though...

have you tried taking acidopholis with your antibiotics? it's a probiotic that helps keep the climate of your system away from yeast infections. I take 4 chewable ones a day when I am on antibiotic and they work wonderfully.

jmail
07-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I do something like Pro-Bio Gold (?? - the wife gets it for us)...

SandyR
07-20-2010, 06:36 AM
I do something like Pro-Bio Gold (?? - the wife gets it for us)...

I haven't seen that brand, but it looks pretty good - I will have to check it out next time I am in the vitamin store. Thanks!