PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, can I get a break here!!!

Sarah2010
07-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok guys, I have been having so many random problems, it is absolutely rediculious!!!
I was having chest pain and tightness last week that is still persistant, they are tring prednisone and antibiodics but no real progress yet. Now Im having shaking chills and night sweats with a fever and i feel weak am hardly getting out of bed, and am pale and woozie! My dr wanted me to go to the ER today to check me out because no matter what, im not making any improvement. Long story short, they of course didnt find anything wrong with me!! All my blood work came back ok, my vitals were good and they can admit me because their isnt a for sure diagnosis. The only thing they did this time that they havnt done before was take blood for a culture, to look for a virus.I dont have results from that yet. So thats where it ended, they think I have a nasty virus.
Im new to lupus, i was diagnosed just at the begining of this year, so i havnt had too much experience with it. All I know is that I feel terrible!!! and no body seems to know how to make it better. Please help me out Lupies, i'm desprate. Thank you.
-Sarah

Hunniebun
07-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Did you tell the ER staff that you have Lupus? When was the last time you saw your rheumatologist? The Prednisone should work quickly as it isn't something that takes a long time to kick in. With the antibiotics, did you just get those? They need time to work and you have to keep taking them, and all of them or else they will be useless if there is an infection and it will just continue or come back, plus you wouldn't have the antibiotics if they did not find anything wrong right? Were you already diagnosed with an infection previously? And if they think its a virus, then the antibiotics WILL be useless, they don't do anything for viruses.
Another thing you need to do, which is really hard for all of us, me included, is you need to try to calm down. Stress will make you feel 100 times worse than you should actually feel.
Just breeeeaaathe, and give more information if you can.

Sarah2010
07-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi hunniebun,
yes we told the Er staff that I have lupus, and even had them communicate with the on call rhumey from my rhumys office. I feel like the prednisone is working, i just hate the side effects, but i guess its better than a terrible cough and swelling. I have been on the antibiodics for 72 hrs, so if it was a bacterial infection, i fell like there would be improvement already. I hadnt been dignosed with any infection, my dr, just said, just incase there is on, lets try antibiodics. So, I am feeling a little better today, just had a decent nights sleep and am planning on taking it easy for the rest of the day. Im guessing that its just a nasty virus.
also i know that I have a hard time keeping my stress and anxiety level down, and when it does get high I feel worse. IT is something that I struggle with on a daily basis. Even before my SLE i had anxiety and panic attacks. I'm trying hard to find a balance, and If I cant find the balance, well thats when I pop a xanax. Thnks hunniebun. TTYS
-Sarah

Hunniebun
07-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah I hear you about the stress and anxiety, I too struggle with it big time, it's very hard to overcome and I'm very stubborn, I don't like to submit to pills to help with that, I do my best to do that on my own, along with weekly counselling. I'm glad you can feel that the prednisone is working, and yeah the side affects do suck but it really can help, gotta keep that immune system suppressed. Maybe give the antibiotics a little bit longer just to see, and if not then it probably isn't an infection. Lots of water, lots of rest and relaxtion, maybe also find something you enjoy to help occupy your mind.
That's good that you are feeling better!