PDA

View Full Version : Perth - Western Australia

Linda From Australia
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I have been emailling the Lupus Group of Western Australia http://www.lupuswa.com.au/ over the last few weeks, which have been very helpful. Does anyone on this forum meet up regularly in Perth? It would be good if we could go out for coffee once and a while.

Desleywr
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Hello! I have just been diag with Lupus and would love to meet for coffee if you are still available. I am about to go on holidays at the end of the week but I am happy to drive up to Perth for coffee.

steve.b
09-05-2011, 10:18 PM
desleywr,
give linda a personal message, i am sure she would love to meet.
she has just come out of hospital.

by the way, i am in pinjarra.

debstar
09-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Hi everyone,

It seems there are more and more Sandgropers appearing here and I think it would be great to meet up - it is always nice to be able to put a face to the name.

Even though I am only a family member, I would love to meet up (if you'll have me that is) as I believe I can also learn alot from all of you and it will provide me the opportunity to gain a better understanding.

Plus the added benefit would be for my sister, since I will be the driver :-)

Debsxoxo

Desleywr
09-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Ok Steve you sound like the expert how do I go about sending a personal message. I was getting along well until you suggested this. Also how have I changed from a newbie to a sea monkey? HEE jee

tgal
09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
NoNoNoNoNo! Y'all can't meet up without me! That would just be wrong! LOL Well, I guess it is OK since I live halfway around the world

Desleywr
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Youcancome too!

Linda From Australia
09-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I would love to meet up for a chat, but at the moment I am going through a pretty hard time. Also I am on crutches and cannot drive. I was hoping I would start feeling a bit better after coming out of hospital, but I think it was just wishful thinking. I will let you know when I start feeling a bit better - perhaps I am just having a bad day.

steve.b
09-07-2011, 12:08 AM
tgal, i have a spare bed for you.
but you have to pay for the flight.

it would be a pleasure to accomadate you. lol

Desleywr
09-07-2011, 02:42 AM
Hi Linda if on the day of the meet and coffee you feel you could cope with the outing I could pick you up and take you. It might be just what you need. We will stay in contact and you can judge it on the day the offer is there. Desley

tgal
09-07-2011, 08:35 AM
tgal, i have a spare bed for you.
but you have to pay for the flight.

it would be a pleasure to accomadate you. lol

LOL Thanks Steve but if I am just coming for coffee ohh sorry, tea, wouldn't I have to fly back the same day?

steve.b
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
LOL Thanks Steve but if I am just coming for coffee ohh sorry, tea, wouldn't I have to fly back the same day?

if only ................

Nat
09-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Linda, a friend of mine's mum has lupus amongst her other autoimmune issues and she said that there are some support groups that she has met with, I think they were through Royal Perth Hospital, but dont quote me on that...brain fog day :)

YollyDolly
09-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey guys this actually sounds awesome. I know two other from Perth on a FB group that I thinknwould love to come. I think I could really use this at the moment. Could we set a date and time? And if Linda isn't feeling too good the first time I'm sure we'd love to make it a more regular meet? Thanks. Any times or dates soon?

YollyDolly
09-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks driver :)

rouge
09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
hi
i would like to catch up as well if anyone still comes on this site,
i have lupus now for 16 years and also sjogrens, coeliac, and arthritis
im in perth wa
if you like to message me please feel free,
I am having a bad flare day and browsing thru the net,
I hope you are feeling better,
Kind regards
Elly

YollyDolly
09-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey :) ok I think one of us needs to come up with a date time and place haha. Where a bouts in Perth are you guys, I am Bayswater or Woodvale? Thanks

YollyDolly
09-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Guys :)

Debstar, my sister has started planning a meet up on the Lauries Lounge Forum section, the thread is titled 'For all the Sandgropers Keen to Meet Up' or something like that. Lets plan it and meet :) Also the Lupus Group of WA has a meeting come up, look it up on the website and come along :-)

Desleywr
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Guys :)

Debstar, my sister has started planning a meet up on the Lauries Lounge Forum section, the thread is titled 'For all the Sandgropers Keen to Meet Up' or something like that. Lets plan it and meet :) Also the Lupus Group of WA has a meeting come up, look it up on the website and come along :-)

Some of us have been talking about a coffee on the 29th September morning no time set yet but what about 9.30am at Subiaco?

debstar
09-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Desley,

How is your holiday going?

I have just updated the 'Sandgroper' post with date and time (need to decide on a place)

See you soon.

Debs

Desleywr
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Fab! Just finished in Kingscliffe in the northern NSW, now off at lunch off to Woombye justnearNambour and Maroochydore to spend up to the28 withmydaughter and her husband and 3grandchildren. Caught 6 whiting fish at Hastings point at the same place I fished at when I was 8 and got my first fishing rod for Xmas. Brought lots of memories! Enjoying but now it is getting hotter and humidity is about to pick up that takes lots of energy, thanks for asking!
desley

Desleywr
11-06-2011, 02:12 AM
New meeting look up laurie's Lounge - search for Sandgropers November you should find it. Hope to see lots of people there!

rouge
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
hi ... havent been well, just checking in if anyone from perth is online?