PDA

View Full Version : NPS Gala Pics uploaded - finally!

magistramarla
07-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Hip, Hip Hooray and thank you, Conrad!
I was finally able to upload a new album and our pics from the big Gala in May are there to see.
As soon as I finish compressing the Greece pics, I'll upload another album.
Enjoy!
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
07-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Yaaaaaay,

Hope you are doing well.I'll go have a look .

Love
Amanda.xxxxxx

admin
07-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Maria,
Were you not able to upload before, but can now? I ask because Angel is still having difficulty uploading. Just trying to locate the problem. For me the uploads are working.

Am I the only one that finds the photo upload process very confusing on this site?

debbie-b
07-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Oh Marla,

Those are very nice pictures.
You look so beautiful and your husband is a very handsome man, a perfect couple.

Debbie

magistramarla
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Conrad,
That's right. I was totally frustrated for quite a while when I tried to upload pics. However, as you can see, it's working just fine now.
I'm being a very good girl and compressing my Greece pics before I upload them so that they won't take up so much space.
I don't find the upload process very confusing at all. I've definitely worked with worse, as in my former school district's system.
I've never tried any of the games, so I don't know if there was a problem there or not.
Thank you for what you do for us!
Hugs,
Marla

Hunniebun
07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
What lovely photo's (:

Linda From Australia
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Maria I saw your photos, they are lovely. You prompted me to upload some of my own pictures, but they are soooo big. Do you know how I can compress them. I am not very computer literate, so you have to use simple language. Thank you

magistramarla
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Linda,
I hope that I can help you. A lot depends on if you have Microsoft Office, as I have, and if you have a PC, not a Mac. If your computer is an Apple, someone else will have to step in here, because I don't know anything about them. Here goes -
Double click to open picture
Drop downs near top of pic - choose Open
Click on Microsoft Office Picture Manager
Drop downs near top of pic - choose Edit picture
On right side of pic, click on compress picture
Choose button for Web Pages, then click OK
Close the window, and a prompt will appear asking if you want to save changes
Click save
Close the page showing the compressed pic, then move to the next

I hope this is clear enough and helps. There may be easier ways to do it, and I'm sure that it is possible to do more than one pic at a time. However, this works for me.
Good luck,
Hugs,
Marla