PDA

View Full Version : scared for daughters health

kim,l
07-06-2010, 03:19 AM
sarah has been having problems with her heart breathlessness, chest pain, heart palpitations, she has had , bloodtests and ecg and will be wearing heart monitor for 24 hours. i am extremely worried. stephen memory has become worse i am worriedhe is deteriating as well he is suffering alot of chest pain has lost the use of one of his arms it just dangles there worried he is heading for another stroke. is not good extemely tired and scared my depression affecting lupus. well thanks for listening hugs kim l

SandyR
07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
kim - I am sorry to hear about sarah. this weather causes me many of her symptoms too with the breathing and heart palpatations. The humidity feels like I am breathing through a wet washcloth all day long. I am hoping that your new apt has some nice AC? Does she use an inhaler? I find that helps me a little in this weather too. I've had the ecg and halter moniter and those are very easy tests. When does she get her monitor?
I am sorry to here that stephen is still suffering as well. Is it still the river thing (I forgot the proper name at the moment)? Are the doctors also thinking this is a sign of a stroke coming? how's mikaela doing?
I can only imagine how exhausted you must be. You have had a lot of heavy things on your plate for a very long time and I am hoping and praying that things lift for you soon.
(((HUGS)))
Sandy

magistramarla
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi Kim,
I know that we worry about our familys' health, but you really need to look after your own health so that you can take care of the family.
I hope that Sarah and Stephen are doing better this week and that those docs can finally give you some answers.
Please, please take good care of yourself, too. Keep us informed.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh Kim,

Im sorry to read about Sarah,but i too am experiencing similiar symptoms.Keep strong and wait and see what the outcome will be.Shes getting the right treatment.Im soon to wear the same thing soon.I hope you have informed Stehens doctor about his health also.But most of all you....like Marla said...i too hope you are looking after you and always know we are here for you.I know life is tough right now,but it will ease if only a little.So try and find time to rest....even a bath can help....bubbles....i do that allot n wrinkle my feet up lol.Just know we are all thinking of you.
lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

kim,l
07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
everyone went for eye examine today eyesight deteriating have dyplopia and they are worried may be developing glaucoma have to now have regular tests. stephen is very sick at the moment ross river fever is either causing headaches or he could be headed for another small stroke. sarah is still unwell. mikaela is still acting out so feeling bit pressured right now. doctor says i may need home help soon as it is to much for me to do am reluctant because this means i have to accept that i am getting worse i am so independant and this depresses me. thanks for listening love and hugs kim l

magistramarla
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Kim,
Don't be afraid to accept any help that you are offered, sweetie. If someone can come in and take some of the load of the day-to-day job of keeping up a house off of your shoulders, it might relieve some of your stress.
As we've been telling you, take care of yourself and don't try to be everything for everybody.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

SandyR
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
everyone went for eye examine today eyesight deteriating have dyplopia and they are worried may be developing glaucoma have to now have regular tests. stephen is very sick at the moment ross river fever is either causing headaches or he could be headed for another small stroke. sarah is still unwell. mikaela is still acting out so feeling bit pressured right now. doctor says i may need home help soon as it is to much for me to do am reluctant because this means i have to accept that i am getting worse i am so independant and this depresses me. thanks for listening love and hugs kim l

What's that saying about God carrying us when we can't stand on our own? Sometimes he sends mere humans to do that job.
I agree with Marla, you should not be worried about accepting the help. Right now you need it and you have needed for a long time so I am glad to hear that your doctor is trying to find a way to help you help yourself and your family.

Bonita
07-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Kim i am so sorry for all the miseries that you family is having but God never gives us more than we can handle and at this time that may not seem true to you. He cares for us all and loves us. I hope and pray that things will turn around for you and never feel that you are giving up when you have to depend on someone else to help. I know that i do not want anyone to take care of me and i have always been the caregiver but times are changing and i have to accept it. Love and prayers Bonita

Hillbillie
07-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh, Kim, do take some help. There is no one that can "do it all" and it sounds like you have too much on you to try and handle yourself.
If you take care of yourself then you'll be better able to care for everyone else. Hang in and hang on there will be brighter days ahead! Hillbillie

kim,l
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts had one bit of good news they rang and told me they will be arranging special transport to get mikaela back and forth to school this helps have decided to ask for help from family members to start off they are always offering but i was to proud now reconsidering as i am am terribly worn out last year has taken its toll on me. my mother inlaw is great so is my brother inlaw. my mum will be moving from queensland to only an hour and a half away so this will also be good. am going to independant living center where i can buy things to help me pick things up and open jars and dress myself and installing bars near bed to help me get up. thanks for listening love and hugs kim l

debbie-b
07-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi Kim,

I am so glad, that you are getting some help. You'll see, once it is not all on your shoulders, you, yourself will start feeling better.

Debbie

rob
07-11-2010, 07:38 AM
thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts had one bit of good news they rang and told me they will be arranging special transport to get mikaela back and forth to school this helps have decided to ask for help from family members to start off they are always offering but i was to proud now reconsidering as i am am terribly worn out last year has taken its toll on me. my mother inlaw is great so is my brother inlaw. my mum will be moving from queensland to only an hour and a half away so this will also be good. am going to independant living center where i can buy things to help me pick things up and open jars and dress myself and installing bars near bed to help me get up. thanks for listening love and hugs kim l

That's some great news Kim. I know you've been through some very difficult times these past few years. I'm glad some positive things are finally happening for you. The independant living center sounds like a good deal.

Rob

magistramarla
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Kim,
I'm so very happy to read some good news from you. It's about time for things to turn around for you and your family.
I hope that things keep getting better and better for you.
Hugs,
Marla

SandyR
07-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Kim I am so glad to hear that you are having some positive happenings going on around you. A mini shopping spree sounds good to me! I know you will feel a lot more functionable once you have some of your new toys. And congrats on asking for help! I don't know why it is so hard for us to do that, but I am certainly glad you did.