PDA

View Full Version : First major flare

hating_that_pred
06-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Soooo its finally come. Ive had my first major flare after getting under control. Spent 3 nights in hospital but im alot better now.

Linda From Australia
06-29-2010, 02:44 AM
I am beginning my very long Lupus education journey so would you mind helping me to understand a bit more by telling me about your major flare and why you were in hospital? Thanks

kim,l
06-29-2010, 05:38 AM
hi lfellow aussie i am from sydney i am sorry you are in major flare. when i flare i have severe fatigue, joints pain, headaches, depression, trouble walking and with my memory, i am on plaquenil and prednisone and mexotrexate and folic acid for my lupus. when i first went to hospital i had dizinessa nd balance problems as well as joint pain and severe headaches i could not walk and was in wheelchair for awhile but that was extreme flare but doctors thought it was all in my head because they do not test for lupus on regular bloodtests it was only after getting out of hospital that my local gp decided to do some tests and found out that my blood results were consistent with lupus blood results can sometimes be decieving with lupus and can vary due to a number of reasons there are a number of people like rob and say susie and oluwa who can help more with these answers they helped me greatly i have made a lot f wonderful friends on this site who have helped me through goodtimes and bad you are very welcome hope to talk to you soom hugs kim l

Linda From Australia
06-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the info Kim.

SandyR
06-30-2010, 10:08 AM
htp
I am glad to hear you are home again and hope you continue to feel better.
sandy