PDA

View Full Version : I was in the Hospital for 6 Days and went to the Emergency Room Three Times

DrinkofWtr
06-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I was in the hospital for 6 days and just got out yesterday. I have been so sick. After going to the Emergency three times, they figured out I had a UTI. The first time I went in they did a stent to bypass a kidney stone that they found through untrasound. Anyway, I am in bad pain, but am receiving some pretty heavy painkillers, like Vicodine, etc. I have an appointment with my regular Dr. on the 23rd of this month. They are clearing up the UTI now. The plan is to have surgery to blast the stone to bits. It will then pass like sand grains. Then, they will remove surgically the stent.

Please pray for me. The pain is extreme. Thank god, I was able to get my Dad through his bone fracture surgery and remove his bandage before I broke completely down with my UTI and kidney stone. Apparently, the stone is too big to pass. I only have one stone, but it is really a painful one.

Hunniebun
06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh my! I am sorry you are going through this and I hope you get better soon *HUG* Everybody is here for you.

rob
06-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Hi Drink,

My father had a kidney stone that had to be blasted like yours. He was in terrible pain, but the procedure worked really well, and he recovered very quickly. I'll be thinking of you and hoping the pain ends ASAP.

Rob

Bonita
06-20-2010, 09:41 AM
You are on my prayer list and hope that you are feeling better. I never had a kidney stone but heard they are painfull. Bonita

Hillbillie
06-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Ohhhhhhhh, Prayers have gone up... Get better soon. BJ

BonusMom
06-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Wow! That sounds like an absolutely miserable experience. I hope all goes well and you heal quickly. Take care.

debbie-b
06-21-2010, 04:15 AM
I have heard how painful a kidney stone is and hope that yours can be dissolved(sp?) quickly
and as painless, as possible.

Debbie

Nonna
06-21-2010, 05:06 AM
If kidney stone are as painful as gall stones; here is a big cyber hug for you.
Nonna

SandyR
06-21-2010, 06:51 AM
(((PRAYING))) I hope you feel better soon, DOW.

DrinkofWtr
06-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Thank you all for all of your kinds words, thoughts and prayers. I am doing a little better now, and will see my regular Dr. this Wednesday. I am going to ask if there is any possiblity of getting this stone out sooner than I think they will do the operation.

Saysusie
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh DOW..I am so sorry that you are in such pain. Is the pain primarily due to the kidney stone? I hope they agree to disintegrating it sooner for you. I can't imagine having to deal with that pain and the UTI at the same time. My heart goes out to you and I am sending you warm hugs....Please let us know how it goes on Wednesday. In the meantime, know that you are in my thoughts.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
06-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey DOW
How are you doing now? Feeling any better?

Nonna

Feeling better and perservering

mountaindreamer
06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
hi drink,

so sorry to hear about the kidney stones....i just recently suffered with gallstones, and life is just not fun when they are attacking. I hope you get rid of them very soon, and that you get some relief from the pain. Hang in there...keep us posted.

Angel Oliver
06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
OMG that sounds flippin awful my friend.Im so glad you are a little better and so hope they get rid of it quick for you OUCH!!!!! Thinking of you .

Love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxx

tgal
06-25-2010, 12:19 AM
I hope all goes well for you! I will keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted

DrinkofWtr
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I saw my Dr. not long ago. I am speaking of my regular Dr. He told me to get on the "call back" list for the urologist. Apparently, my body just doesn't like the stent that was put in and the stone is the cause of most of the pain and the blood in the urine. I see the urologist on the 1st of July, unless he has a cancellation, then I could possibly see him sooner. I am still in a lot of pain and nausea bothers me sometimes. I was very concerned about having regular bowel movements after all the painkillers. After having taken a product called "Golytely" which is used to ready people for a barium enema, I am getting back to normal again as far as my bowels are concerned. Hopefully, they will "blast" the kidney stone soon.

Lupine
08-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Hope you feel better soon, good luck!

Sarah2010
08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Are Kidney stones, gaul stones and UTI's common in lupus patients?? This sounds terrible!!! I hope u are feeling better!!

DrinkofWtr
08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Sarah I don't know if kidney stones, gall stones and UTI's are common in lupus patients. I am sure someone will come along and answer your question soon.

DrinkofWtr
08-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Well everyone I am getting pre-op procedures done for the upcoming surgery tomorrow. It took all day yesterday because, for one thing, I was having a hard time giving a urine sample for presurgery purposes. Finally, at the end of the day, I was able to provide one. I must have been a little dehydrated and had to hydrate myself by drinking lots of liquid. The good news is that they will blast this stone tomorrow, but the bad news is that I will still have to have this stent in for another 7 to 10 days and it is very painful. Then it will have to be removed and I will have to go under an anesthetic again for that procedure. This whole episode with the stone has been a nightmare. First, the stent, to open up the blockage of urine, then the infection and 6 days in the hospital, now the procedure to blast the stone, and then the removal of the stent. I have never had so many surgerys, and procedures in a given time period. Of course, I am nervous, as the time gets closer to the lithotripsy. I hope everything will go smoothly.

Nonna
08-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Hugs and prayer for you