PDA

View Full Version : Eye Problems

justomegirlindallas
06-11-2010, 04:05 PM
In addition to making almost zero tears, the lenses in my eyes are detaching (the zonules are breaking down) the lense in my left eye is 60% detached and the lense in my right eye has begun detaching. I think the technical term for this is lens subluxation or ectopic lentis. Anyone else have this problem? I was prescribed restasis and will be seeing a geneticist as this is more commonly seen in an ehlors danloss (sp?) type connective tissue disease but I don't have that. This crap sure does get confusing.

magistramarla
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I've just got the zero tears-dry eyes and Restasis has helped me a lot. My insurance leaves me with a bill of $62 for each prescription, but the company does offer a loyalty thing where you can register with them and they will send you a coupon for $20 after you've filled a few prescriptions. Here's another tip - my eye doc and the docs of several folks on the Sjogren's site have OK'd this. Don't throw the container away after one use, as the instructions say. Put the little cap back on (it snaps back on!), keep it cool (either in the package or the fridge) and re-use it. I get two uses out of each container. Some people report getting 3 or 4.
I hope that the docs can do something about your detaching lenses - that sounds scary!
Take care.
Hugs,
Marla